X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm new to DOL... I have two Danes Jesse and Dante. Jesse is a 6 year old Brindle and Dante is a 3 month old Harlequin and getting absolutely huge . I've been reading this site a lot and have found some absolutely amazing info on things. It's awesome. Thank you to all of the knowledgeable dane owners who have posted so much!
    sigpicDante Von Thor

Comment

i know i read and read on this forum. i have learned so much about Great Danes , makes me feel better being that my girl is my first dane and i want to know everything on how to care for her the best i can.

Comment

sawyersmom

hi, i am the proud mom of Sawyer, a 10 mo old blue dane. he is my first dane and just want to brag what a wonderful being he is. i'm learning a lot from your posts.

Comment

Hi! I'm Jessica and my family and I are proud owners of a 3 1/2 month old Great Dane puppy, Wilson.
          Jessica...Mom of five kids, one cat and the biggest baby of them all, my Dane, Wilson.

Comment

Hi - I'm New

Hi everyone. My name is Jen and I'm the proud "mama" to TWO beautiful Danes (a 6 year old Harlequin, rescued at 9 months of age and a 7.5 year old Merle, rescued on May 23, 2009) AND, can't leave out my other babies...a 6.5 year old Yellow Lab (rescued at 5-6 weeks of age), an approximately 8 year old Redtick Coonhound (rescued from rural shelter down south, HW positive, in April 2007) and a funky little 2 year old pit bull (rescued Sept. 2007). Last but NEVER least, I also have a wonderful husband (who has put up with me and my 'dog thing' for all these years) and a beautiful 13 year old human daughter.

Comment

Blue Dane in Southern Illinois

Originally posted by Mavs Mom View Post
              We also live in Southern Illinois with the most wonderful Blue Dane! She is 7 and a half and is so loving, sweet and all love her! She's our baby!!!
              Last edited by hallie1; 05-31-2009, 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2FiveBIGDogs View Post
                Hi everyone. My name is Jen and I'm the proud "mama" to TWO beautiful Danes (a 6 year old Harlequin, rescued at 9 months of age and a 7.5 year old Merle, rescued on May 23, 2009) AND, can't leave out my other babies...a 6.5 year old Yellow Lab (rescued at 5-6 weeks of age), an approximately 8 year old Redtick Coonhound (rescued from rural shelter down south, HW positive, in April 2007) and a funky little 2 year old pit bull (rescued Sept. 2007). Last but NEVER least, I also have a wonderful husband (who has put up with me and my 'dog thing' for all these years) and a beautiful 13 year old human daughter.
                Hi Jen!

Danes are so wonderful! I can't imagine any other dog at our house. My 6 year old granddaughter calls Desota, my Blue Dane, her best friend. She is now thinking of being a vet because of her "best friend". She is always worried about Desota.

I am Robin.
                Last edited by hallie1; 05-31-2009, 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi everybody..finally back after joining a couple of years ago. Still driving an 18 wheeler and Earl is 3 now..sheesh. I don't have much time for anything else after pulling the brake for the day and letting Earl take me out for a drag. I'm amazed at all the danes I see on the road and I'll be sure and put their pics up when I get some new ones. I have a couple of days off which is how I'm able to figure this stuff out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Kane

Hello everyone I have a Blue Great Dane that I love very much. I do have a few problems that I hope someone can help with. He is 1 year 9 months and does not seem mature at all. We cannot even think of leaving him home alone! How long does this take for him to be mature enough? We lock him in the kitchen while we are gone, but feel he should be old enough to be on his own, but we can only leave him for about 10 minutes. Longer than that the house is a disaster. A few months ago we decided to leave him alone for about 2 hours, and I came home to find pictures crooked on the walls, cereal boxes eaten from on top of the fridge, paw prints near the ceilings. The curtains were ripped down, and blinds mangled. He pulled a potted plant all over the house. The toilet paper was pulled everywhere. Will it ever get any better? We don't want to lock him up anymore.

My other problem is, my dog wants attention in the middle of the night. He always either wakes me or my husband up at 3 or 4 in the morning to go out, sometimes he gets right back into bed, other times he sits and does the low growl that he wants attention or little itty bitty barks. This could last an hour or more. We need our sleep!

I don't know how to work these forums yet so if you have any comments please send me a private message.
                    Last edited by PorkChop; 06-20-2009, 05:26 PM. Reason: adding more stuff

Comment

Originally posted by PorkChop View Post
                      Hello everyone I have a Blue Great Dane that I love very much. I do have a few problems that I hope someone can help with. He is 1 year 9 months and does not seem mature at all. We cannot even think of leaving him home alone! How long does this take for him to be mature enough? We lock him in the kitchen while we are gone, but feel he should be old enough to be on his own, but we can only leave him for about 10 minutes. Longer than that the house is a disaster. A few months ago we decided to leave him alone for about 2 hours, and I came home to find pictures crooked on the walls, cereal boxes eaten from on top of the fridge, paw prints near the ceilings. The curtains were ripped down, and blinds mangled. He pulled a potted plant all over the house. The toilet paper was pulled everywhere. Will it ever get any better? We don't want to lock him up anymore.

My other problem is, my dog wants attention in the middle of the night. He always either wakes me or my husband up at 3 or 4 in the morning to go out, sometimes he gets right back into bed, other times he sits and does the low growl that he wants attention or little itty bitty barks. This could last an hour or more. We need our sleep!

I don't know how to work these forums yet so if you have any comments please send me a private message.
                      Hi Pork Chop (funny, I know a dog named cornbread, lol)

All your answers and more can be found on this site.. for yours I would post your questions in the training and behavior forum... sure to get lots of great advice!
                      sigpic A dog has the soul of a philosopher ~ Plato

Comment

Hi, I have always enjoyed the Danes on Line site so I thought it was time to Join.
                        My name is Tamara I am on my fourth Great Dane and could not imagine life without one! I currently own a mantle feamle Bailey. She is 3 years old. She shares her house with 3 cats and two Chihuahuas. She gets along great with everyone! Looking forward to being an active member!

Comment

Hi, Im Elaine From Ireland ,
                          and like everyone else I have been visiting the DOL site lots and thought it was about time I joined ......I am collecting our new Blue on Wed Next so I cant wait , and there is still so much to do,
                          we have Had 4 other Great Danes unfortunatley along with a lot of heartache & bad luck too, But I have a question for anyone that can help
                          My Pup "Name to Be Decided " was born from a blue Mother and Blue Father From a registered Breeder, But..... 4/5 Generations back there was a fawn introduced to strengthen the Bloodline Physically and Fawns have popped up in this litter But My Pup Is the most unusual Ive ever seen and if my PIC is up can anyone tell me what they think he is ..........
                          He is Blue with Fawn Front paws ???????????????
                          Help,
                          Elaine & Kane

Comment

the Picture didn't show up. You might want to start your own thread then people will be able to see it better.

Welcome!
                            Kendall

Comment

New to the Board

...but not new to Danes. We are currently sharing our home with Belle, a 7 year old mantle merle. She is the love of our life and the lives of our two yorkies and our maltese. Belle was born on September 9, 2002 and was appropriately named "Miss Liberty Belle."

This forum is being very helpful.

Best wishes,

Gatorbob
                              Last edited by dolmod; 07-27-2009, 07:19 AM.

Comment

My dane pupi and adult female mastiff do thw wake us up at 3 am I put my foot down and made them lay down and go back to sleep. It worked i do waqtch alot of dog whisper and took his words of wisdom and took control. It took about ten min before they went to sleep but it worked. Have you tried leaving the tv on so they dog will have company it works for my mastiff.
                                char

Comment

Working...
                                X