• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paul
    started a topic New users please read

New users please read

Welcome to all...
    Please take time to click on the "New users please read" text link. Following the instructions will certainly enhance your experience at DOL.

Please be sure to read the "Terms of Use" at http://www.danesonline.com/legal.htm
    Last edited by dolmod; 04-17-2011, 08:36 AM.

• daneowned
    replied
    Originally posted by deana View Post
    Good Evening everyone! Lucy and I have been lurking about for a couple weeks now, reading the different training posts. Lucy is 7 years old and has lived with a different Mom for the past 6 years. She wasn't ever socialized, has spent almost no time on a leash, and frequently had a muzzle used when her previous Mom was not pleased with her. Needless to say, we are having some interesting days and nights.

She seems to be doing well, minus the one incident that has left me with a still very sore left shoulder and elbow & the doctors appointment next week to go with it, but that was partly my lack of proper planning before opening the door with her on the leash.

I may be coming to you guys with a lot of questions. I have taken in this 7 year old, Old Puppy, and some days I wonder what have I done!?!? But, I am certain, with proper guidance we will do great and she will have the best last few years she could hope for.
    You might get more responses if you started your own new introduction thread. Welcome to DOL, btw.

Leave a comment:

• WendyVA
    replied
    Welcome to DOL.

Leave a comment:

• IwannaDane
    replied
    Originally posted by Marick View Post
    Hello all!

I am a newbie. I have a 10 week old Merle Great Dane. This is my first Great Dane, but I also have two Scotties and a Toypom.

We live in Cape Town in South Africa.
    Welcome to DOL!

Hope you enjoy your stay

Leave a comment:

• Marick
    replied
    Hello, I'm new

Hello all!

I am a newbie. I have a 10 week old Merle Great Dane. This is my first Great Dane, but I also have two Scotties and a Toypom.

We live in Cape Town in South Africa.

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    Here's the link: Frequently Asked Questions

Leave a comment:

• hvm789
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    Welcome to all...
    Please take time to click on the "New users please read" text link. Following the instructions will certainly enhance your experience at DOL.

Please be sure to read the "Terms of Use" at http://www.danesonline.com/legal.htm
    Hi Paul - I am new to this forum and am looking for the suggested text link for new members to read but cannot locate it. Could you direct me to it please. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Begabone
    replied
    Originally posted by yelsel View Post
    Hi my name is Lesley and i am from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I had to have my best friend MORGAN ( a Great Dane ) put to sleep on Thursday, and i ama mess. any words to help?
    Hi Lesley,
    So sorry for your loss It takes time to heal. Many of us here at DOL have lost our best friends but we have each other to lean on and to cry with and for one another. If you are feeling strong enough maybe you could post a thread in the memory forum and tell a little about Morgan and the joy your pup brought to your life.

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    Welcome to DOL. I'm sorry for your loss. It is a hard thing, been through it myself. All I can say is cherish the memories that you had with Morgan.

Leave a comment:

• yelsel
    replied
    Hi my name is Lesley and i am from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I had to have my best friend MORGAN ( a Great Dane ) put to sleep on Thursday, and i ama mess. any words to help?

Leave a comment:

• Hankandlucy
    replied
    Crate works for me. Hank and Lucy

I have had 4 Danes so far and will always remain loyal to th breed. For their safety and my peace of mind I have always crated my dogs. There are too many things in a home that they can access while alone that can hurt them. I keep a large crate in my bedroom. It is not attractive, but it is the safest and most effective way that I have found to protect my dogs from things that could hurt them. It also keeps them from tearing up my belongings that I have worked so hard for. They all have enjoyed their crates and never seem to mind when I tell them to get in the crate. I hope that this helps.

Leave a comment:

• jersey13
    replied
    Adopted a boy about 6 weeks ago

Hello!
    I'm Renee and I adopted an 8 month old mantle Dane about 6 weeks ago. He is charming and cuddly and tries to sit on the couch and in my lap! We just began obedience classes this weekend gone and we have our work cut out for us! ;-) He's my first dog and so far I think both of us have been adapting to our life together. It also helps alot that my roommate adores Wyatt and is taking an active role in his training.

There sees to be a wealth of knowledgeable people on this board, so I think I have found a good resource.

Thanks,
    R

Leave a comment:

• Bethyboo18
    replied
    Meet Hefner

Hi. I'm Beth and my male fawn turned 12 weeks old last Saturday. His registered name is The Montana Ladies' Man or Hefner, after good old Hugh. We plan to get his picture taken in a red velvet smoking jacket once he's grown up..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bridgette1221
    replied
    I am about to get my own dane and have been doing a lot of research on the breed. I read that they are "immature" until about 3 years old so basically you are dealing with a child.

Leave a comment:

• charnel
    replied
    My dane pupi and adult female mastiff do thw wake us up at 3 am I put my foot down and made them lay down and go back to sleep. It worked i do waqtch alot of dog whisper and took his words of wisdom and took control. It took about ten min before they went to sleep but it worked. Have you tried leaving the tv on so they dog will have company it works for my mastiff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X