This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

We have 2 Danes, a 2 year old black female named Karma, and a 3 month old male fawn , Fergus. We've had 2 other Danes. We just found this site, it seems helpful.

Comment

Nube

Hi My name is Patricia, and my Husband and I have a 1 year old female Merle "LUCY". She is our beautiful girl inside-n-out. We are now waiting for the arrival of another Merle puppy ("LUCY" sister or brother) due the end of this month.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new here and hope to get to know some of you.
        sigpic

Comment

introduction

Hi - I'm not really new to this forum, have been looking online for almost 2 1/2 years. But am getting more involved with the forum and the sharing of information - it's been really great.
          I am a first time Great Dane owner!! Best dog in the world!
          Riley is a 2 year old fawn Great Dane - about 130 lbs. Her mom was blue and her dad was fawn. So, she is fawn with a blue mask.
          My kids, ages 21 and 18 years old - have both gone off to college (the youngest just this year). Think I got the GD to avoid the empty nest syndrome.
          It has worked - I love coming home to her - getting up in the mornings to snuggle with her. My husband and I are RV'ers and we love to go camping weekends - just me and hubby and Riley. Riley LOVES it!!. We say "let's go camping" and she just jiggles all over with excitement. She is known by everyone at the campground by the end of the weekend. She is ALWAYS the hit any campground we go . . . She really gets upset if people don't stop to talk to her and pet her. She's a little rotten can you tell?

Comment

We are new

Hi, we have a puppy 3 month now Black GD named ARGON. Thank you for the forum

Comment

Hello - My name is Trina but as my signature says I am better known as Josie's Pet lol. I am an extreme dog lover, having had mostly dobies my entire life, I let my honey talk me into getting Josie a Female Merle GD after I lost my bestfriend, Tara who I had the pleasure to have with me for 14 years. We got her at 8 weeks and she is now 15 months. Neither of us are much into little yipers so it didn't take much to talk me into it once I had agreed to get another dog lol. What he swore was going to be his baby has become my baby!! She is definately a momma's girl and I wouldn't part with her for the world. Much to my amazement (or maybe I have just completely lost my mind) I am seriously considering getting her a brother sometime around or after the christmas holiday. My kids say were nuts but I truly think she would love the company and companionship that she would get.
              Last edited by Josie's Pet; 09-22-2008, 04:16 PM.
              Josie's Pet

Comment

Hello I am new to this

Hello I am new to this and probably doing it wrong...anyways I am owned by 5 danes and lovin every minute of it. They are my fur-babies and give me so much joy!!

Comment

new Dane owner

I'm from P.a and willbe picking up my first dane ever hopefully there will be more to come on Dec 19 from Ny she is a Brindlequin we will call her Willow and we could use any info that anyone feels is good.Thanks

Comment

having trouble?

I am having trouble posting pics. I'm sure I am not the only one.
                    I read all the tips and I do not see a link on my user cp to add a album or pictures. please help me
                    every time i try to edit my profile pic it says invalid file?
                    Last edited by babylea; 11-21-2008, 02:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

New Member Introduction

Hello Everyone...
                      Just dropped in to say hello...20 year dane veteran here...looking forward to chatting with you all...
                      Nancy

Comment

I'm looking forward to hearing from Dane owners. Sara is a 9 month old Great Dane/Lab, but is all GD when it comes to handling her. She takes after her mom who is full bred GD. Right now I don't walk her, she walks, pulls, drags, etc. me. What a handful, but I love her and SHE LOVES EVERYONE!

Comment

I've been trying to upload pictures, but it tells me all of my pics are too big...does anyone know how to save them so they are smaller?
                          Proud to be a 'Dane-A-Holic'

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyDoo View Post
                            I've been trying to upload pictures, but it tells me all of my pics are too big...does anyone know how to save them so they are smaller?
                            I use this free site. Then just copy and paste your picture link.

http://tinypic.com/index.php

Misty & Atlas in NM, USA
                            Misty, Atlas & Raven (CH EBJ's Worth A Mint)
                            Always in my heart, Thor

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."

sigpic

Comment

Or you could use a photo editor if you have one or a paint program. It is easier that way.
                              sigpic
                              Heather and Sir Duke; Texas

Comment

Prospective Dane Owner

My family is looking to add a harlequin dane to our life. We currently consist of2 indoor house cats that have great personalities, a mature 7 year old, and my hubby and myself. I have been researching great danes because I think they are beautiful animals, they have great personalities, and they require minimal grooming (we already have plenty of cat hair). I am looking for any obscure advice any current dane parents have to offer as this will be our first family dog. Thank you,JeniferJacksonville, FL
                                Ada, 9 months ~ Spuds, Sassy Orange Cat ~ Maria, Sweet White Kitty

Comment

Working...
                                X