X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am about to get my own dane and have been doing a lot of research on the breed. I read that they are "immature" until about 3 years old so basically you are dealing with a child.

Comment

Meet Hefner

Hi. I'm Beth and my male fawn turned 12 weeks old last Saturday. His registered name is The Montana Ladies' Man or Hefner, after good old Hugh. We plan to get his picture taken in a red velvet smoking jacket once he's grown up..
      Attached Files

Comment

Adopted a boy about 6 weeks ago

Hello!
        I'm Renee and I adopted an 8 month old mantle Dane about 6 weeks ago. He is charming and cuddly and tries to sit on the couch and in my lap! We just began obedience classes this weekend gone and we have our work cut out for us! ;-) He's my first dog and so far I think both of us have been adapting to our life together. It also helps alot that my roommate adores Wyatt and is taking an active role in his training.

There sees to be a wealth of knowledgeable people on this board, so I think I have found a good resource.

Thanks,
        R

Comment

Crate works for me. Hank and Lucy

I have had 4 Danes so far and will always remain loyal to th breed. For their safety and my peace of mind I have always crated my dogs. There are too many things in a home that they can access while alone that can hurt them. I keep a large crate in my bedroom. It is not attractive, but it is the safest and most effective way that I have found to protect my dogs from things that could hurt them. It also keeps them from tearing up my belongings that I have worked so hard for. They all have enjoyed their crates and never seem to mind when I tell them to get in the crate. I hope that this helps.

Comment

Hi my name is Lesley and i am from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I had to have my best friend MORGAN ( a Great Dane ) put to sleep on Thursday, and i ama mess. any words to help?

Comment

Welcome to DOL. I'm sorry for your loss. It is a hard thing, been through it myself. All I can say is cherish the memories that you had with Morgan.
              sigpic
              Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
              Associate Member GDCNE
              Member GSPCA
              Member NAVHDA
              Member Central Maine Kennel Club
              High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Originally posted by yelsel View Post
                Hi my name is Lesley and i am from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I had to have my best friend MORGAN ( a Great Dane ) put to sleep on Thursday, and i ama mess. any words to help?
                Hi Lesley,
                So sorry for your loss It takes time to heal. Many of us here at DOL have lost our best friends but we have each other to lean on and to cry with and for one another. If you are feeling strong enough maybe you could post a thread in the memory forum and tell a little about Morgan and the joy your pup brought to your life.
                sigpic
                Tracy ~ wife(to Marshall) & mom to 3 skin kids (Devin, Cameron, Kaiden) & 2 fur kids (Cain & Leda) RIP my sweet Breech 8-12-09 to 9-18-10.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                  Welcome to all...
                  Please take time to click on the "New users please read" text link. Following the instructions will certainly enhance your experience at DOL.

Please be sure to read the "Terms of Use" at http://www.danesonline.com/legal.htm
                  Hi Paul - I am new to this forum and am looking for the suggested text link for new members to read but cannot locate it. Could you direct me to it please. Thanks.
                  Heather

Comment

Here's the link: Frequently Asked Questions
                    sigpic
                    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Hello all!

I am a newbie. I have a 10 week old Merle Great Dane. This is my first Great Dane, but I also have two Scotties and a Toypom.

We live in Cape Town in South Africa.
                      Our four-footed family
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marick View Post
                        Hello all!

I am a newbie. I have a 10 week old Merle Great Dane. This is my first Great Dane, but I also have two Scotties and a Toypom.

We live in Cape Town in South Africa.
                        Welcome to DOL!

Hope you enjoy your stay
                        My Blog: My Fur-Real Life

sigpic

*Jennifer*
                        Wife to John, Mom to McKayla and Chris
                        Owned by Katie and Rio

Comment

Welcome to DOL.
                          sigpic
                          Justice 9 months
                          131 lbs.
                          32.5 inches @ shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by deana View Post
                            Good Evening everyone! Lucy and I have been lurking about for a couple weeks now, reading the different training posts. Lucy is 7 years old and has lived with a different Mom for the past 6 years. She wasn't ever socialized, has spent almost no time on a leash, and frequently had a muzzle used when her previous Mom was not pleased with her. Needless to say, we are having some interesting days and nights.

She seems to be doing well, minus the one incident that has left me with a still very sore left shoulder and elbow & the doctors appointment next week to go with it, but that was partly my lack of proper planning before opening the door with her on the leash.

I may be coming to you guys with a lot of questions. I have taken in this 7 year old, Old Puppy, and some days I wonder what have I done!?!? But, I am certain, with proper guidance we will do great and she will have the best last few years she could hope for.
                            You might get more responses if you started your own new introduction thread. Welcome to DOL, btw.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X