Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Manny-Callahan's Before & After Pics (Scrotum)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt & Winston View Post
    Jeez, talk about getting your balls in an uproar. That's ridiculous!
    Awwww poor baby... "that looks painful and very aggrivated" Guess its just the redness from the swelling, glad he is doing good. Remind me to be a meat and potato person around your houses (the pea people). Not a problem with the direct contact thing though, totally understand the need for frozen foods here. (16 yr old is in football, and track as a hurdler) we use alot of frozen foods during the school year.

Hope Cal gets to feeling much better quickly. Duece came to me neutered... and you can still see a "flap" but nothing like Cal's droppage. I think that would have grossed me out ( I now remember why we were partial to females all these years) filled or not... human or fur... not the most pleasant things to admire JMO I know Im a prude LOL
    *Janel (thats me)
    sigpic
    Jazmin *Jazy* 18 months R.I.P
    Queeta 17 yrs old R.I.P
    DeJa-vu *Deja* (born 1/19/09)
    Duece *Bubba 3-4 yrs

Comment

For any of you NOT using frozen peas for their intended purpose, instead try (unpopped) kernels. Cheap, and reuseable. And for the oposite effect, fill a tall sock with uncooked white rice (not the Minute kind), and put in the microwave. Both work great!
      -- Mike

sigpic
      Owned by
      Sydney 11 Jan 2005 - 20 July 2011
      Sawyer (avatar) 07 Apr 2005 - 23 Sept 2009

Comment

Thanks you guys
        The one thing I'm happy about is he is not in any pain and doesnt even pay attention to it. And he does not have an infection or anything of the matter... it just looks irritated. The vet says that it looks good and I have kept it clean.

I am going to try the pop corn kernel thing hehe
        Nessa
        sigpic

Comment

UPDATE

Decided to go ahead and go to the vet to get a few shots to help with the absorption of the serum. The vet called and said we can see if we can speed up the process and we got treatment for free.

(LoL... Callahan is a much loved patient there... they've become like our family)

So everyone was happy to see him at the vet, and he's gained another 3 lbs YAY CALLAHAN! He's doing wonderfully

Nessa
          sigpic

Comment

Canine testicular implants (CTI), Neuticles - Does anybody have any experience?

http://www.neuticles.com/
            sigpic

Comment

This is what Thor ended up with 8 years after his surgury. He has a little bag.

Comment

Thanks for posting... Thor had a cute booty

Nessa
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Millie03 View Post
                  Canine testicular implants (CTI), Neuticles - Does anybody have any experience?

http://www.neuticles.com/
                  My former vet inserted them when Apollo was neutered, without my consent or even informing me. I had them removed at the clinic's expense. They are foreign bodies inside your dog. Their only purpose is to make humans feel better about the procedure. They don't do anything for your dog. Why anyone considers them is way beyond my ability to comprehend.

And this crud from the website is just to prey on owner's guilt - 'Neuticles allows your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering. ' The only thing true is the bit about natural look.
                  Last edited by Tom W; 08-20-2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

scrotal ablation

Yes, removing the scrotum at the time of the neuter can be done - it just adds a lot of time to the procedure. I mean, at least double the time (lots of blood vessels in that skin). I'm sure the vet will do it if you want...just be prepared to pay extra and have your dog be under anesthesia for a significantly longer period of time.
                    Aadan 12 mo.!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                      My former vet inserted them when Apollo was neutered, without my consent or even informing me. I had them removed at the clinic's expense. They are foreign bodies inside your dog. Their only purpose is to make humans feel better about the procedure. They don't do anything for your dog. Why anyone considers them is way beyond my ability to comprehend.

And this crud from the website is just to prey on owner's guilt - 'Neuticles allows your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering. ' The only thing true is the bit about natural look.
                      Yes I too thought that website was ridiculous... it's things like that that keep many people from neutering their pets... especially when it's people that have NO BUSINESS keeping pets intact because they cannot handle or contain them properly. *Aside from that*

I was wondering that same thing... these are foreign bodies that are going in to your dog... what if their body rejects it? Just so risky. IMO
                      Nessa
                      sigpic

Comment

Well took Callahan to the vet on the 18th to have some shots to stop the swelling in his sacks and to help absorb the serum. BOY it worked like a charm. We're back to having a FLAPJACK again... but now it seems to be alot more wrinkly due to the fact that it expanded so much when he swelled.

Here it is... 11 days after his neuter and 5 days after shots were given to reabsorb the serum.

Doesnt seem as long... but not sure lol... I didnt measure yet!

Nessa
                        sigpic

Comment

Nessa you're such a good mommy! He looks great!

OMG!!! I just went to the neuticles website and it reads like a bad SNL commercial parody!! Are you kidding me?! They come in different weights and firmness?! Are ppl going to be feeling their dogs up or what?!
                          AND there's a whole merchandise section - you can buy neuticles earrings and neclaces! Oh boy! That's what I want, a copy of my dogs balls around my neck! Gives new meaning to "alpha b##ch"!!!
                          Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                          - Anatole France

Comment

I had a complete ablation done on one of my Danes(CH. Dyceman) when I neutered him @ 17 months due to testicular Cancer in 2007. It was a wee bit more complicated, yes.

Originally posted by Chul3l3ies1126 View Post
                            I had been told about this from a friend on another dane forum. She stated that it CAN be done but was more complicated and risky.
                            Last edited by DaneObsession; 11-05-2009, 09:18 AM.
                            sigpic
                            CH. SIR MAESTRO - 13 Months!
                            BHRR*313 Adopted to Date!
                            & Owned by CH. Dyce, Multi CH. Bronson, Multi CH. Tain, PPSS, CH. Maestro & Bleach
                            *Animal Behavour PhD Student
                            Marmaduke Movie Effect - Great Dane Awareness

Comment

I wanna buy a dane set of neuticals and put them in a chihuahua! lol. That would be the alpha dog for sure!
                              Gunner was just under 6 months when he was neutered, no more coin purse.

Comment

They look so much better natural. It looks weird without them. I get why so many people don't castrate their dog now. I wouldn't want to be reminded every time I look that they were cut off.

Comment

Working...
                                X