Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squirt's Coming...I need y'alls opinions please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirt's Coming...I need y'alls opinions please!!

Hey Guys!! I posted a pic of my baby I'm supposed to be getting in a week or so in the Intro section (Squirt)...I notice the difference in opinions on ages for the ears. Of course, his vet will be consulted asap, but a lot of you are "veterans" with experience in this : ) So, should I do it as soon as I get him? I'm open to ALL suggestions!!
    Thank you sooooo much! : )
    Oh yeah and here he is again if ya missed him...
    LilSquirt2.jpg
    sigpic
    ~Aunt Mari~
    Marianne Harper
    Portland, TN

is your vet skilled in cropping dane ears?

Dane ear cropping is more of an art, that a medical procedure.

Doesn't your breeder offer cropping?
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

MeganT is from the same area as I am and she's informed me that I'll have to travel to find a good vet that does them...He's not coming from a breeder so they're ears aren't getting cropped.
      sigpic
      ~Aunt Mari~
      Marianne Harper
      Portland, TN

Comment

Hi there,
        Different vets prefer different varying ages. Some prefer to crop at/or around 8 weeks and some prefer 10 weeks... this is totally up to your vet.

If you don't mind me asking, if his not from the breeder where is he from?
        [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)
        "We have a full house, and a lot of love to give"

Comment

if he's not coming from a breeder, is he a rescue?
          sigpic
          In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
          Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

The owner has a pretty girl that she just wanted to produce one good litter with. She had her studded with a gorgeous stud from OH.
            sigpic
            ~Aunt Mari~
            Marianne Harper
            Portland, TN

Comment

Your puppy is very handsome.....if you find a vet to do cropping maybe look at some pictures of some cropping they have done. You can also look on youtube for videos that show the after care of taping and see if that is something you want to do. Squirt will be just as cute with natural ears.
              Also check out the kibble section and make sure you fet some good information on what you should be feeding. Do you know what the breeder is feeding now?

Good Luck & Welcome to DOL
              Last edited by dolmod; 10-03-2009, 10:14 AM. Reason: removed smileys banner

Comment

sigpicShannon and Floyd.

Comment

I love his face! No advice on ear cropping here though.....we are a natural ears family only.

Comment

You know you really shouldn't be buying this puppy and supporting this breeding. There are a lot of people who put a lot of time and energy into breeding properly and it's litters like this one that lead to the thousands of unhealthy, unloved, abandoned or otherwise abused Great Danes in shelters all over the U.S. and Canada. It's people looking for $$ instead of looking at whats best for their dogs that cause this problem..People who think that just because they have a "beautiful girl" dog and they find a "beautiful boy" dog to breed it with that they are doing people a favor who end up with the puppies...Ugh there should be laws about this kind of thing. Unless I am mistaken and the person who bred the dogs knows everything about their genetics and pedigrees and has thoroughly researched Danes and everything about breeding them.
                    Your puppy is beautiful..I hope you give it a wonderful forever home no matter what genetic, health or temperament problems may pop up in the years to come..I just wish you didn't pay for him!
                    Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna17Beth View Post
                      The owner has a pretty girl that she just wanted to produce one good litter with. She had her studded with a gorgeous stud from OH.
                      That equals BYB...should not but that pup.

Comment

Originally posted by kait&steve View Post

You know you really shouldn't be buying this puppy and supporting this breeding. There are a lot of people who put a lot of time and energy into breeding properly and it's litters like this one that lead to the thousands of unhealthy, unloved, abandoned or otherwise abused Great Danes in shelters all over the U.S. and Canada. It's people looking for $$ instead of looking at whats best for their dogs that cause this problem..People who think that just because they have a "beautiful girl" dog and they find a "beautiful boy" dog to breed it with that they are doing people a favor who end up with the puppies...Ugh there should be laws about this kind of thing. Unless I am mistaken and the person who bred the dogs knows everything about their genetics and pedigrees and has thoroughly researched Danes and everything about breeding them.
                        Your puppy is beautiful..I hope you give it a wonderful forever home no matter what genetic, health or temperament problems may pop up in the years to come..I just wish you didn't pay for him!
                        Best of luck.
                        Sorry I know this is off the OP's topic questions, but I AGREE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

It's off topic... but BLEGH!
                          Nessa
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anna17Beth View Post
                            BLEGH!

sigpic

Comment

Last edited by BicycleBabe; 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X