Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 year fawn in need - Chicago

I received this via email a few minutes ago, with a request to post on DOL:

"There’s a 12 year old fawn senior emaciated dane, at Chicago Animal Care & Control.

I’m checking with a client to see if she can help. I know the rescue I work with won’t take her as they have too many lifers/unadoptables there now".

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
    ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
    <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

I do hope you can help her. I will not post what I am thinking as I will get ban........But how could anyone do this?

Comment

Did you find out any more info? I could check with the rescue here and perhaps we can save this girl.
      sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

My understanding is CACC does not make large dogs available to the public. The large dogs can only be released to a registered rescue. My rescue is not registered so when I had Pax pulled I had to go through a registered rescue. There are 3 major rescue groups that seem to pull the Great Danes that come into CACC. Pax was left behind so I pulled him. I will monitor this one but CACC doesn't even let an individual come in to see the dog.

Comment

David, why is that? I would think they would want to make room for "the next guy". Poor dog, I hope someone pulls him. I hate to think that's how his life would end.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WeLoveOur7Dogs View Post
            David, why is that? I would think they would want to make room for "the next guy". Poor dog, I hope someone pulls him. I hate to think that's how his life would end.
            Moni, thats their rules. I know when a purebred comes in, rescue groups are contacted by CACC. Maybe the person who sent the email has more information and actually saw the dog. There has been a trend here of late with owners turning in their dogs to be PTS because of age, because of medical needs but the pound has to follow procedures before doing so. I hope this one is well enough and a survivor.

I had the hardest time getting Pax out of there and the first time I saw Pax was the day I picked him up. No information was given on his condition or his behavior. I think it is much different if you are registered with the CACC.

Comment

I wish they would let an individual. I'd run down to Chicago this week.
              My family:
              4 Dogs: Lola (Dane), Delilah (Dane), Howie (Beagle), and Scout (Beagle)
              2 Ferrets: Saleen and Harley
              2 Chinchillas: Keeta and Max
              3 Cats: Otis, Oscar, and Murray
              1 Husband

Comment

Originally posted by michellers View Post
                I wish they would let an individual. I'd run down to Chicago this week.
                That's what I was thinking. I actually know someone who would probably take her. She has taken in elderly danes before. One actually had cancer (we thought the owners knew it too) and she lived out what time she had left comfortable and loved.
                It makes me *very* sad to see people dump dogs, but when it's a dog the person has had since a pup and the dog is sick.... Unthinkable.
                sigpic

Comment

There is a registered rescue in the town I live in. She isn't a DOL'er but I could pass on the info and see.
                  sigpicAngela and Gunner

Comment

Once again I'm in tears... how can people do things like this???? I will never understand.. never! I really hope that someone can help this poor baby. Please keep us posted.

Comment

being picked up as we speak

Last I heard (this afternoon) my friend was picking the dog up today. She knows someone who she thinks will take her, if their current dog gets along with the senior. If not, my friend will keep the senior and try to find forever home. I will keep you posted.

Thanks.

~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~

Comment

Hi,

I was told that unfortunately, she died in her cage yesterday. So sad.

Comment

RIP sweet girl. You deserved so much more than what you were given in the end.
                          My family:
                          4 Dogs: Lola (Dane), Delilah (Dane), Howie (Beagle), and Scout (Beagle)
                          2 Ferrets: Saleen and Harley
                          2 Chinchillas: Keeta and Max
                          3 Cats: Otis, Oscar, and Murray
                          1 Husband

Comment

Yes, I learned late last night she had died. Tragic all the way around. My heart is heavy with the thought of so many animals that are struggling. Sometimes it seems like an uphill battle. Thank you all who responded.

~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~

Comment

Intensgrl,

There were 3 amzaing groups that were attempting to pull this dog, Please let me know your rescue's name for future referrals and so I can make a donation.

Comment

Working...
                              X