Brusco's Ears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brusco's Ears

Here is my boy after surgery. I got an in between medium to show crop. He look so desperate with that e-collar on!
    Attached Files
    [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)
    "We have a full house, and a lot of love to give"

another one...
    Attached Files
    [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)

Comment

I never left an e collar on my dogs after cropping. see how he does without it, he might be fine.

looks like a lot of bell, I hope it is just how the ears are taped. good luck with the healing!

Comment

Thank You.

He is so aggravated with that e-collar on. How did you do with your Danes without it? My vet said to never take it off until a week from now.
        Oh boy! I can already tell it's going to be a long one week.
        [PHP]sigpic

Comment

I took it off and told them "No" every time they itched it. it is only 7 - 10 days with stitches in so it isn't bad. after that they can itch all they want but by then they are used to it.

vets like e collars, I don't really care for them. I see their purpose, and maybe if you are going to leave the pup alone for an extended period of time, put the collar on so he dosn't itch a stitch, but when you are home just watch him.

when my pups scratched I said no and clapped my hands so it startleted them into stopping. worked for me. good luck

Comment

Awww he looks miserable, but cute at the same time

Where at in Chicago are you?

Comment

Aw, what a cutie. The 7-10 days will be over before you know it.
              Katie & Scarlett
              sigpic

Comment

If it were me I'd keep the head collar on for a while. It would just take one time for him to rip out his stitches or mess something up. Of course I'm just an over worrier too lol If you aren't able to have your eyes on him 24/7, Like I wouldn't be able to then I think the head collar is the best Idea.
                But when he does go to scratch, make it known that its a no-no. Clapping & Saying No to get their attention away from doing this like Bri said is a good idea.

It does look like a lot of Bell from those pictures, but to each his own with the crops they choose. I do wish you the best of luck with taping. Our Pup came to us already healed & falls a sleep "for the most part" while we tape, but our breeder told us, it of course didn't start out that way. Just have Patience, and Lots of it!

Kelly - Wife to Eric, Mom to Noah.
                Xavier - 1 year old.
                RIP Jake - We miss you.
                Proverbs 12:10 A Righteous Man has Regard for the Life of his Animal.

Comment

I am in the suburbs. 20 minutes from the city.
                  [PHP]sigpic

Comment

I've cropped lots and lots of puppies...........Ive never used an ecollar for a single one. I think you will find he will do just fine without the e-collar.

Once the pups come around from the anesthsia they are back to normal within an hour. Eating, drinking and playing like normal. The next day they try and scratch a bit, but never seem to be able to do any damage. The only time they whimper or cry is if someone bumps the ears (and thats only within the first week of cropping).

Good luck with your pup!.
                    Last edited by Carolyn; 09-18-2009, 02:25 PM.
                    Carolyn
                    Divine Acres Great Danes
                    Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
                    sigpic

Comment

He looks so cute! Poor little guy . I left the e-collar on for a few days. Then when I could watch her I would take it off while she was resting. After the stitches came out a stern no & clap of the hands did the trick. Those e-collars really do bother them IMO. But, they are better than ripped stitches.
                      sigpic
                      Roxy & Ace

Comment

Working...
                      X