For those posting with Osto-Bond or Torbot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those posting with Osto-Bond or Torbot

Last time I posted ears was a few years back and I used straws and tape. This time around I’m using Osto-Bond, duct tape and zip ties with the new pup. With the straws / tape method I was changing them once....sometimes twice....a week depending how good the tape would hold. But being I’m using an adhesive this time around that holds much better with duct tape, can I leave them on longer before changing them? Where the posts are going down into the bell of his ear, things look fine and there are no weird or funky smells.

Thank you!

I think I remember trying to get them to stay for about 10 days before I changed them out (if there were no "problems" like smells or tape coming undone). Also, this was 10 years ago, so my memory isn't what it used to be. I don't think I went down into the bell very far. And I used foam rods for like pipe insulation? It was easy to cut and shape how I wanted, I never used extra glue, just the white athletic tape (not paper tape).
    ETA: The idea of duct tape seems like a big no-no to me personally.
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
      I think I remember trying to get them to stay for about 10 days before I changed them out (if there were no "problems" like smells or tape coming undone). Also, this was 10 years ago, so my memory isn't what it used to be. I don't think I went down into the bell very far. And I used foam rods for like pipe insulation? It was easy to cut and shape how I wanted, I never used extra glue, just the white athletic tape (not paper tape).
      ETA: The idea of duct tape seems like a big no-no to me personally.
      We’re changing them out once a week

Comment

Working...
      X