This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TapaTalk and BerryBlab - mobile phone access

At the request of our member "Snips" for mobile phone support I have installed Tapatalk (Snips reports that it works well)

Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry (Beta), Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. http://www.tapatalk.com/ A free and paid version is available.

If you download the Tapatalk do a search for "DOL Forum" in their search utility.

Given that Tapatalk for Blackberry users (me) is still in beta mode, I have also installed “BerryBlab” http://www.berryblab.com/ To use BerryBlab just insert the DOL Foulm url: dolforum.com/forum/
    ------------------------
    Great Danes Online
    www.danesonline.com
    ------------------------
    Great Danes Online Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/danesonline
    ------------------------
    Admin Blog
    -------------//--------------

Great news! I am replacing my Blackberry with the HTC Evo tomorrow so double .
    sigpic

Comment

Paul let me know which one works best for the BB. I will add it after the Beta!
      sigpic
      Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
      Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
      www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Originally posted by lwrees72 View Post
        Paul let me know which one works best for the BB. I will add it after the Beta!
        Tested BerryBlab on a Bold 9700 and it works well. Can post new threads, reply and get my PM's.
        ------------------------
        Great Danes Online
        www.danesonline.com
        ------------------------
        Great Danes Online Facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/danesonline
        ------------------------
        Admin Blog
        -------------//--------------

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Tested BerryBlab on a Bold 9700 and it works well. Can post new threads, reply and get my PM's.
          Thanks I have the Tour (very similar).
          sigpic
          Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
          Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
          www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

My new Sony XPeria arrives tomorrow...I'm gonna be in trouble with this DOL on Tapatalk thing.
            Katie & Scarlett
            sigpic

Comment

I'm feeling really old, cyber illiterate, and left out.
              My kids need to hurry up and grow up so they can teach me all this new technology. It takes me 2 hours to text "when will you be home."
              Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
              - Anatole France

Comment

I was dying with anticipation for the new Sprint phone. My SO got his on FRI but they didn't get anymore in till today. I never thought I would have to sit on a waiting list for a new phone lol.

I was looking at the new Iphone4, but at the end of the day it came down to I hate AT&T and I liked the Andriod platform better. I need to get the tapatalk now tho. I am still setting it up lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Last edited by Diamond T Farm; 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM.
                  --Vickie--
                  sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
                  Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

Paul - I'm going to try this tapatalk, I have been using my iPhone "as I am now" with zero problems ... Looking forward to seeing if their are any differences. Thanks!

Originally posted by faust View Post
                    I was dying with anticipation for the new Sprint phone. My SO got his on FRI but they didn't get anymore in till today. I never thought I would have to sit on a waiting list for a new phone lol.

I was looking at the new Iphone4, but at the end of the day it came down to I hate AT&T and I liked the Andriod platform better. I need to get the tapatalk now tho. I am still setting it up lol.
                    JEALOUS!!
                    I have the iPhone 3gs I was waiting on the 4g but now I'm thinkin of switching to sprint and looooving the evo!!! Dh has a htc eris and I really like his phone but have yet to play with an evo.
                    I'm just getting tired of the "extra" on my bills with AT&T! I've been using them for 5years now. And pay a lot mre than anyone I know using sprint or verizon!

Kelly - Wife to Eric, Mom to Noah.
                    Xavier - 1 year old.
                    RIP Jake - We miss you.
                    Proverbs 12:10 A Righteous Man has Regard for the Life of his Animal.

Comment

Yeah, sprint is incredibly affordable for the options. I have been using tapatalk and I like it ok so far. I wish it had a few more features, like seeing thanks and rather then having new forums streaming atop the app it would have your favorites up there. They did just add a widget with the last update that is rly nice and a quick way to access your favorite forums.

As for the Evo and the Android operating system, I still love it. More and more as I use it. I do still use my itouch for music tho as it is lighter with a longer battery life Hah.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm strange, I can access the forum and use it as if I were using a desktop or laptop, I thank people all the time with my phone. Maybe I won't download the tapatalk, I see the free version doesnt allow you to edit or reply to posts, but if you pay the $2.99 you have all the options.
                        & Yes, sprint is much more affordable..I just hope that I get just as good of service using them as I do with AT&T!

Xavier - 1 year old.
                        RIP Jake - We miss you.

Comment

I am resisting the (STRONG) urge to download tappatalk onto my iPhone..I spend enough time on this forum as it is, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by kait&steve View Post
                            I am resisting the (STRONG) urge to download tappatalk onto my iPhone..I spend enough time on this forum as it is, lol!!
                            Me too! lol
                            I wake up in the morning and lay in bed and read through threads... Same thing before going to sleep, and then will check the forum throughout the day on our desktop when I can.. ugh

Xavier - 1 year old.
                            RIP Jake - We miss you.

Comment

The normal browser prim my case dolphin browser gives you access to all the normal forum features and reads it the same as a desktop. The only big difference is with the web browser I have to resize every page and photos. Tapatalk does all the sizing for you and photos are easier to look at.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X