Favorite dane movie or book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite dane movie or book?

What id your favorite movie or book that has great danes in it. My favorite remains The Ugly Daschand and then The Swiss Family Robinson. Or course my kids are more into to Marmaduke.
    Bridget, wife to Robert, mother to Reese, Brookelynn & Bethany, with fur kid Princess and Steel.sigpic

Actually have been looking for books with great danes in them. My favorits is a Nicholas Sparks book, "The Guardian". Tear jerker (all of his are), but I knew 100% after this book that a great dane was in my future. I always loved the breed, but this sealed the deal for me...kinda like an omen, lol.
    sigpic
    "Mom, he's touching me"
    Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

Mine is also the ugly dachshund
      Brutus, Malachi, Spartacus and Isis
      Malachi (RIP 12-27-2006/11-12-2008)
      Brutus (RIP 01-06-2005/12-07-2014)

sigpic

Comment

I still have not seen the Marmaduke movie. I haven't seen Ugly Dacshund & SFR since I was a kid but kinda remember parts of them. I liked Something About Mary but the ankle-biter (Puffy) stole the show. My favorite Dane TV commercial would have to be the Sleep Number Bed.

Comment

My fav Dane book is Jill's "Great Dane, Model of Nobility". I know it's not the type book you are talking about but when I bought it I read it cover to cover and loved it. I'm so glad I got it while it was still available in hardcover.

Martha
          sigpic

Comment

I just started reading my kids the Pinkerton books by steve kellog. We love them.

We like the ugly dachshund too. It was my first dane anything as a kid and it was love at first sight.
            sigpic

Comment

I actually saw The Ugly Dachsund for the first time about 2 years ago. I know...and my friends can't believe I've never watched Dirty Dancing or Pretty Woman! Anyway, I was surprised at the Danes they used to film that movie. It was supposed to be a show Dane but the conformation was horrible! Anyone else notice that?

Martha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daneowned View Post
                Anyway, I was surprised at the Danes they used to film that movie. It was supposed to be a show Dane but the conformation was horrible! Anyone else notice that?

Martha
                I DID notice that! LOL

I like the Ugly Daschund too, saw it for the first time a year or so ago. Marmaduke is a cute movie too

Any book that is about Danes or has them in it, I'm gonna read it LOL
                My Blog: My Fur-Real Life

sigpic

*Jennifer*
                Wife to John, Mom to McKayla and Chris
                Owned by Katie and Rio

Comment

I saw the Ugly Dachshund for the first time the week-end before we picked up Reich. A woman who works with my husband lent it to us. Man it added fuel to my impatiently waiting fire. I thought it was adorable, and nostalgic. The owner of the movie has a house full of Dachshunds and emails my husband pictures of them all the time, they are her babies.

Bear looks just like the pups in the movie, and is a stinker just like them too

I have the Patriot on DVD and want to watch it again (first time was in the theater) just to see the Danes, but it is 3 hours long and I never sit still that long.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                  ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                  <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

i used to watch ugly dachshund as a little girl. always loved that movie! showed it to my husband before we got a dane hoping the movie would spur on a love for the breed lol.

one of the danes used in the movie has a broken tail. you can see him in the scene where brutus has to sleep in the garage and he pops the garage door open. lol anyways...

i did not like marmaduke. when the owner is at the dog park and the new boss gives the dog a look over he says marmaduke isn't full dane but mixed with mastiff. no hes not... and the movie mocks 'pedigree' dogs. no wonder the majority of public support byb....to them pedigree dogs are a status symbol or affiliated with snobs. anyone else sense that?? same thing in beverly hills chihuahua 2. mock show dogs. who cares about the pedigree its about the heart. i dont know....since learing about byb's, acknowledging we used to be byb's of min pins growing up and dealing with soo many issues from xena i dont take the mockery of show dogs very well.
                    sigpic
                    xena and her dane friend duchess
                    Heather
                    and Xena the Warrior Dane
                    find us on FB
                    http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

Comment

The Patriot's mine....but I usually just watch the scenes with the dogs in them.

I got a Pinkerton book recently, but haven't read it yet. It looks cute.
                      sigpic
                      Brembo, Puffin, & Rahime

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Comment

The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. It is SO amazing, I've read it a thousand times and I just can't get enough. It reminds me of my Kobe-obe-obe...
                        sigpic
                        Mom to:
                        Danes Kobe and Sabre.

Dachshunds Penny and Otto.
                        Pit Bulls Brees and Crystal.
                        Chihuahua puppy Jersey.
                        5 year old princess Ariel.

Comment

Originally posted by oubball14 View Post
                          My favorits is a Nicholas Sparks book, "The Guardian".
                          That IS such a good book! I read it for the first time about a month ago and loved it.
                          Renee

Comment

I really liked The Ugly Dachshund. I'd never heard about it until I joined this forum and got my Great Dane. I finally got around to watching it on Youtube a few weeks ago.

Comment

My 2 favorites are the ugly dachshund and the patriot, however, when we got our girl, she reminded me of Marley always in trouble.
                              There IS Nothin Like a Dane !

Comment

Working...
                              X