how do you find a GINORMOUS dog door?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you find a GINORMOUS dog door?

i am having some remodeling done and i want to include a dog door. it will not be in the door, it will be cut into a wall. so, i guess that makes it a wall door.

i can't find anything suitable online. am i not looking in the right place??
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the Hale dog doors. Nice but expensive. I belive they have their own web site - google it. Also, check out dogdoors.com

I would put up a shed, dog house on the outside to protect the dog door.

Comment

We found ours at Petsmart but not sure that would be something you would want to put into the wall of your house.
      Disney - Great Dane, Guinevere - Saint Bernard, Gandalf - Great Dane RIP 10/05/06 - 4/1/2011
      K'ehlyr
      - Friesian Sport Horse, Fiona - Norwegian Fjord Horse
      Tigger - Bengal cat, Tabitha - Tabby cat(rescue)
      Sheldon - African Grey Parrot, Griffon - Bearded Dragon, Phinneas - Guinea Pig

Comment

Funny you mention this .. I just saw a commercial on HGTV for some ..

http://www.hitecpet.com/powerpetdoors.html

http://www.moorepet-petdoors.com/Lar...FUjt7Qod9gIHOA
        sigpic
        A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLittleSmall View Post
          Funny you mention this .. I just saw a commercial on HGTV for some ..

http://www.hitecpet.com/powerpetdoors.html

http://www.moorepet-petdoors.com/Lar...FUjt7Qod9gIHOA
          the first link doesnt seem to have doors that would be big enough, although they are pretty awesome. However, the second link looks like they have some nice options.

All of these doors are better than the option my BF gave when I asked him about a doggy door later on. His response "some 2x4's, wall trim, and a BIG RIG MUD FLAP" sometimes I wonder what I see in him

Comment

cool beans! thanks BLS, that second link has exactly what i'm looking for!

i'll have to do some measuring and see which one would work. i'm sure pea and bentley will take to it. heck, all i'd have to do is catch a rabbit and put it down on the deck.

i have to snicker...ashley would NEVER have lowered herself to using a dog dog. the princess always requested i rise from wherever i was resting and not only open the door for her but also wait to let her back in when she decided she'd had enough of the outside.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
              i have to snicker...ashley would NEVER have lowered herself to using a dog dog. the princess always requested i rise from wherever i was resting and not only open the door for her but also wait to let her back in when she decided she'd had enough of the outside.
              Just so you know -- Logan is perfectly capable of using his dog door without assistance while I am at work and also in the evening before bed. However at night he will not use it unless I get up out of bed and walk with him to it. He will pace back and forth, then boof at me, then throw himself on the floor with a heavy sigh and start smacking his tail on the ground till I give up and go with him...
              "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
              sigpic
              Rocky & Emma
              Follow our adventures at
              www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

"how do you find a GINORMOUS dog door?"

ummmmmm, With a GINORMOUS saber saw?
                Last edited by intensgrl; 08-26-2011, 02:05 PM.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

logan sounds like bentley! "moooommmmmm! **thump thump thump** what's fer breakfast??"

courtney, i can't help but wonder what gary would do if he was here. before he got sick, he and his brothers had their own remodeling business. i can see it now...saws whirring and hammers pounding! i used to mention things i'd like to have...my hitching post comes to mind. i told him how i wanted it done and to my surprise, it was completed when i got home from work that day. not only was it complete, he had carved a heart with our initials in it on the very top.

i knew something was "off" when i showed him plans i had made up for a chute to run the llamas into for foot trimming, shearing, etc. those plans laid on the kitchen table for months before he finally admitted to me something was wrong. *sigh*
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Oh Charlene <3

He was something special, for sure. Your stories always melt my heart.

My hubby is also handy, but procrastinates terribly. I begged to change the entrance to Harley's bedroom (after he died) so it opened up to the front of the house and I could make it an office. He promised for years and never found the time. One Friday he came home to a enormous hole in the wall near the front door - thanks to me and his "borrowed" saber saw. All he had to do was straighten it out, add a door frame, trim, fix the drywall at the door, and remove the other door and drywall up the hole. Needless to say he learned that it is easier for him to do the entire job then to "fix" it when I start it for him.

It took me years to grow into that level of behavior though.. (read guts, lol).

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                    ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                    <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

OMG courtney! that is just hilarious! LOVE the picture you sent me earlier.

yup, gary was a real sweetie. he used to go to antique auctions, he sold a lot of old pottery on ebay. oftentimes, i would come home from work after he left. i always found a note on the kitchen counter from him. many times, it would say something like "didjya see what i did today?" he always had little projects going around the farm! he used to call it "beautifyin' the company area."
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

AWWW. Sweet memories.
                        A doggy door will be perfect for your two. I can just imagine Pea laying out watching her goats and taking the whole world in, and Bentley bringing his kill into your house to show you!!
                        Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
                        Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
                        RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if it has been said, but the xxl doors work for danes when placed higher up in the wall.

~Jeanne, Jason & Emily(6)-The Humans~
                          Milly-Harl GD,
                          Tank, Tigra Cougie & Jax-The Cat Crew
                          www.valparasiokennelclub.com

Comment

I wish this one came in a bigger size...
                            http://www.moorepet-petdoors.com/Sol...-Door-s/83.htm

I think they need the automatic door! So that way Pea wont have to let a flap hit her on her sensitive little nose or on her tiny little bottom on he way out the door. (Also, that little masked bandit... a.k.a. raccoon that watches you through your window, wont be able to get in.)
                            sigpic
                            My Crew
                            The Danes:
                            Ximmy - DOB 11/23/09, Sprocket - Gotcha Day - 8/14/11
                            The Cats:
                            Kit-ten Rescued 1999 - calico; Banshee Rescued 2007 - Maine Coon Mix; OnzaPous and ReignaPous DOB - 2/17/09 - Maine Coon's
                            At the bridge: Thumper, Ditto & Chaos
                            ~Dogs and cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.~

Comment

Originally posted by Dane-TsMommy View Post
                              the first link doesnt seem to have doors that would be big enough, although they are pretty awesome. However, the second link looks like they have some nice options.

All of these doors are better than the option my BF gave when I asked him about a doggy door later on. His response "some 2x4's, wall trim, and a BIG RIG MUD FLAP" sometimes I wonder what I see in him

actually that's what i told my husband i want to put in eventually, Great Dane mudflap of course and a bracket that i can slide a locking wood panel into to place when i want to keep them in lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X