GD clubs in Houston??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD clubs in Houston??

Well im from Houston TX (east houston). I only know one person that has a dane and hes an aggressive dog so Emma cant play with him. Just wanted to see if there are more people from Houston on this site that would like to get together one day.... If there are any, can you guide me in the right direction.

Thanks.
    sigpic

I don't know if there are any other ppl on DOL from Houston, but I do know of a lot of Dane owners in the Houston area. I am from the Austin area...
    [SIGPIC]sigpic
    Vanessa

Bree - 5 yr old Mantle Female (Rescued, Spayed)
    Brodee - 12 Month old Fawn Male
    "Divine Acres Time Well Spent"

Comment

Oh awesome, do u know if they get together ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
      sigpic

Comment

This is timely.

I live in Houston (inside the loop), and we will be welcoming our first dane in the spring.

The GDC Houston doesn't seem to have a website right now, so I emailed the contact on the GDCA website. I'll let you know if she gets back to me.

I would love to meet some fellow dane owners in the area. Hopefully we'll get some bites = )
        sigpic
        Aoife: "Squirrel?!"

Comment

Have you contacted any of the local Clubs in Houston?
          [SIGPIC]sigpic
          Vanessa

Bree - 5 yr old Mantle Female (Rescued, Spayed)
          Brodee - 12 Month old Fawn Male
          "Divine Acres Time Well Spent"

Comment

Vixman, there is a Great Dane meetup group in Deerpark and in Pasadena that meets every 2 weeks!

It would be neat to get them together. I am in Northeast Houtson
            sigpic
            Wife
            Mom to 4 human kids
            Foster (Dane) 11/24/2011-12/21/2012

Comment

Originally posted by THCdanes View Post
              Have you contacted any of the local Clubs in Houston?
              i only tried joining this GD club on facebook but the page looks dead...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Foster'sMommy View Post
                Vixman, there is a Great Dane meetup group in Deerpark and in Pasadena that meets every 2 weeks!

It would be neat to get them together. I am in Northeast Houtson
                i live in east close to baytown. i10 east and beltway 8... so they meet every two weeks, do you know when is the next meeting? or do they have a website or anything like that?
                sigpic

Comment

They are on FB, but I am not, so i have no idea what their name is. I live in Huffman, not far from baytown, we should get the dogs together to play!
                  sigpic
                  Wife
                  Mom to 4 human kids
                  Foster (Dane) 11/24/2011-12/21/2012

Comment

yes we should!... that is near crosby right?? I take emma to gene green park is not too far from crosby.. basically beltway 8 and hwy 90 this is the address just so you can check how far it is from your house.. is a really really nice dog park.
                    6500 East Sam Houston Parkway North, Houston, TX... im sure you can find pictures on google too.
                    Last edited by vixman; 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just got an email from the GDC Houston secretary. She said the new website should be up by January and that she would email me some additional info when she gets home after this weekend.

I'll keep you posted.

And I would love to join a meetup in the area once our pup is old enough for a romp with the big guys = )
                      sigpic
                      Aoife: "Squirrel?!"

Comment

Cool, thank you ! keep us posted. Ive never seen more than one GD at a dog park (mine) so seeing several would be awesome.
                        sigpic

Comment

Emmy and I would also be interested in a meeting. We have one other dog that we rescued and she came with some social issue that i'm worried emmy may have picked up on. I have one friend in Baytown that has a great dane and they are best buddies. But I think she'd like to play with people her own "size." I've taken her to dog parks in my area but the majority of the dogs around here are small in comparison, so their owners try to keep their dogs away from her. So to avoid hurting her feelings we've stopped going to dog parks and we go on long walks around the neightborhood. Oh and she loves babies! Babies equal cookie factories to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmy Lou's mom View Post
                            Emmy and I would also be interested in a meeting. We have one other dog that we rescued and she came with some social issue that i'm worried emmy may have picked up on. I have one friend in Baytown that has a great dane and they are best buddies. But I think she'd like to play with people her own "size." I've taken her to dog parks in my area but the majority of the dogs around here are small in comparison, so their owners try to keep their dogs away from her. So to avoid hurting her feelings we've stopped going to dog parks and we go on long walks around the neightborhood. Oh and she loves babies! Babies equal cookie factories to her.
                            I live really close to baytown. There is a really nice dog park by my house is called gene green.. Actually there's two one for small and one for big dogs.. I took Emma there yesterday but all the dogs were scared of her.. Lol..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X