have dane will travel!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have dane will travel!

does anyone know of a good dane vet anywhere in Southwestern Ontario? There isn't any near me that I am aware of. So I am looking for a vet anywhere between Windsor and London/Kitchener area to go see!!

My vet is really good, but not an expert with danes. I am in London, and he is in Dorchester (just east of London about 10 min), Dr. Alex is not a Dane 'expert' but has had experience and is really good with researching, as well as referring to other Veterinarians if he doesn't know exactly. We have been using him for years with all our animals.

There is another one in London, on Spruce Street, East London Animal Hospital...which is supposedly Dane experienced. I have not been to that clinic, but a friend of mine had taken her Rottweiler there, and the Vet was hesitant as he was scared of 'big dogs'??? Might be a different practitioner now, as that was a few years ago.

Try http://www.troyvet.ca/staff.html near Cambridge.

Also try www.danesindistress.com rescue, they may have some names of some in SW Ontario that they may share with you as I'm sure they have lots of experience; or if there are any rescue's near you, you could try them as well.

Have you looked into any in Michigan? Not sure of the rules to take a pet cross boarder, but it might be an option.
    Last edited by Maximus' Mom; 05-22-2014, 01:40 PM. Reason: add to original post
    Donna
    Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
    Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
    Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Dr. Melanie Kenzie is terrific with all kinds of animals, but treated my Danes for years. Apparently, she is now in London at Masonville Animal Hospital. I don't know the clinic, but she'll do a good job.

Comment

Working...
      X