Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever ordered from 1-800 Pet Meds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever ordered from 1-800 Pet Meds?

Hello:
    My elderly dane, Sophie has just been put on a whole slew of pain killers, drugs, and supplements to help her deal with some really bad arthritis - she is 8. I am considering trying to order from 1-800-pet meds in order to keep the costs down a little and I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this website? Thank you in advance.

Tara

You can ask your vet to write a script and have it filled at Walmart for significantly less. I've never ordered from 1800petmeds, but I am planning to fill my pup's rx at our pharmacy.
    sigpic
    Fergus
    SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
    Eisen Shark
    C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

We get heartworm meds from 1-800 Pet Meds. It is easy, you just place your order and they'll contact your vet to confirm the scripts. Plus it is free shipping.

Comment

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!
        Tara

Comment

my dogs are both on Dasequin (joint supplement) and i get it from them. good service, quick delivery. Rx meds, i get either from my vet or from walgreen's. pea has her very own walgreen's pet card.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

I used to order from 1800petmeds but once I got Gunther, they messed up our order EVERY SINGLE TIME, b/c he needed 2 doses of heartworm meds. So I switched to kvsupply and get all our prescriptions thru them. They are cheaper, and I have never had a problem with them.
            sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

I've ordered from them once and they shorted my order. It was a hassel to get the missing pills. Decent prices on some things though.

Also, check out any special deals that your local stores may have. If there is any wiggle room in the meds, perhaps take the $4 drug list from Walmart to your vet and see if any of them would work. Sometimes some drugs are interchangable and perhaps he can find you something on the $4 list that will work just as well. My local grocery store offers a lot of free antibiotics and such. My vet just calls in the prescription to the pharmacy. Due to Phin's weight, my vet recognizes that what I'd pay him for the pills is way more then what I get it at the grocery store. I get Phin's Ceph for free at Publix. I only pay $5.50 for his Prednisone.

Sometimes you just have to get creative and call around. For example, Walmart wanted $160 for a prescription for my dad but Walgreens filled it for $45. Most, if not all, pharmacies will accept a vet called in script.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X