Boarding in STL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boarding in STL

Just trying to get a jump start on planning...anyone know of a good place to board that won't charge me an arm and a leg?? I'll have 4 weekends where I will be travelling for football over the summer and I think Keebler would do better somewhere other than home while I am gone. We usually leave on a Friday evening and get home LATE Saturday or early Sunday morning and I would like to pick him up Sunday. I've used Kennelwood, and while they did fine, it was expensive and I am aprehensive about them for some reason. I will prob have a friend come and stay with Mick or just let him out periodically, but since he doesn't have the anxiety probs that Keebler does, he'll be fine at home.

TIA for any help you can give!
    sigpic
    "Mom, he's touching me"
    Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Well, i managed kennelwood for several years (the south co location) They are good, but I will admit the Page location (where soco transports to) is very busy and I think can be overwhelming for dogs. My dogs never did well boarding, do much better home with a petsitter or depending on the dog, I know some people who petsit in their homes as well.

Personally, I would no longer board my dogs there...at one point I wouldve at the Mason Ln location but I no longer know the people there so not sure.

I will check around some more with people I still know "in the business" lol and see what they have to say.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I dropped them off at the South Co location the one time I did it. They came home fine, but the transport stuff made me nervous and I know they are really busy. I prefer a housesitter/ petsitter too, but I'm not sure Keebler will be ok with it unless they are staying at my place 24/7. I may be able to convince a friend to do it, but I wanna keep my options open. Thanks for checking for me.
      sigpic
      "Mom, he's touching me"
      Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

I have a petsitter (not professional but she is a close friends cousin and is very good) who does stay 24/7....she is coming this weekend in fact to watch my guys while I go pick up the new addition. If you want to go that route, let me know and I will check with her...not sure how far she goes as I think her classes and job are around soco.

Comment

Working...
        X