Antibiotics/Ketokonazole and Vaccines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antibiotics/Ketokonazole and Vaccines

Hello all! Lucy is on her last 10 days of her cephelexin and ketokonazole for her skin issues. Her first annual (she is 15 months on the 13th) is scheduled/due today. I have called to speak with my regular vet that did not prescribe the meds before taking her in to double check. Just wanted to get your opinion. Any known issues? I read that the intranasal bordetella should be avoided while on abx. Any feedback is always appreciated

I would not advise giving any vaccines until she is done and been clear for at least a couple of weeks. Also do not give more then one vaccine at a time..wait two to three weeks between.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

I would not advise giving any vaccines until she is done and been clear for at least a couple of weeks. Also do not give more then one vaccine at a time..wait two to three weeks between.
      sigpic
      Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
      Associate Member GDCNE
      Member GSPCA
      Member NAVHDA
      Member Central Maine Kennel Club
      High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Our vet advised to go ahead and vaccinate her. She is doing fine. I didnt want to get her off her schedule and take a risk since its her first annual.

Comment

Our vet advised to go ahead and vaccinate her. She is doing fine. I didnt want to get her off her schedule and take a risk since its her first annual.

Comment

Our vet advised to vaccinate her. She is doing fine. I didnt want to get her off her schedule and take a risk since its her first annual.

Comment

Working...
            X