Gracie's agility trial video's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gracie's agility trial video's

Gracie and I went to an agility trial yesterday and it was a BEAUTIFUL day, perfect for that sort of an outing. Gracie is my 5 yr old adopted merlequin Great Dane and I've had her since late 2006. She has had a lot of issues with insecurity and uncertainty/stress in new places or when around strange (to her) dogs or people. Our agility work over the past two years has helped her tremendously!

Because of her issues, we don't tend to get a Q (qualifying run) towards agility titles, but we DO have a lot of fun and often get upper placement ribbons for our efforts. Mainly, we do it because it *is* fun and our bond really deepens with every practice or trial run we do.

I was grateful for my mom and dad visiting this weekend because they took the video. Normally I do all of this solo so I never get pics or video!

Without further ado, here are three videos from three of our four classes yesterday. Enjoy!!!

Starters Jumpers (she was the most distracted in this class, but it was earlier in the day and she was still quite unsettled):
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqBYyTJL7I"]YouTube- Starters Jumpers at Lake Ontario Park, July 3, 2010[/ame]

Starters Standard. She did very well in this class and came close to a Q except for some distraction issues in the last line of obstacles:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyXNZU3kjrA"]YouTube- Starters Standard at Lake Ontario Park, July 3, 2010[/ame]

And Starters Snooker. This was her BEST run (and the only event that she has ever Q'd in at a past trial) ... we came within seconds of getting a Q for this run and she was SO GOOD throughout it!!!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lGOW6w0IO8"]YouTube- Starters Snooker at Lake Ontario Park, July 3, 2010[/ame]

Our next trial is later in July. We'll see how she does there!

Those were AMAZING videos...look at her happy face!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

amazing!! Even so she is distracted, she is SO GOOD!

Good luck on the next trial! Hopefully she can get some Qs!

Comment

That looks like so much fun! Keep it up!
        My family:
        4 Dogs: Lola (Dane), Delilah (Dane), Howie (Beagle), and Scout (Beagle)
        2 Ferrets: Saleen and Harley
        2 Chinchillas: Keeta and Max
        3 Cats: Otis, Oscar, and Murray
        1 Husband

Comment

She looks very happy with herself! Great job, it looks so fun
          sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

Wow I'm very impressed!! She is obviously having a blast and so proud of herself!! I love it!!
            Gracie isn't your deafie is she? If so, even MORE impressive!!
            WTG Gracie and mom!!!
            Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
            - Anatole France

Comment

Looks like a great time was had by all. You can really see the joy in her face
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! She really does enjoy herself and DOES get a very "proud of herself" look about her when she does well (and when she doesn't - LOL).

Originally posted by ouesi View Post
                Wow I'm very impressed!! She is obviously having a blast and so proud of herself!! I love it!!
                Gracie isn't your deafie is she? If so, even MORE impressive!!
                WTG Gracie and mom!!!
                No, she isn't my deafie. But my deaf Dane, Ocean, did VERY well at a recent fun match so I'm hoping to get her on the trial field later this summer or perhaps in the fall.

Comment

omg i absolutely LOVE your Gracie!
                  Thanks for sharing those wonderful videos, and in my mind she is the WINNER!
                  sigpic

Comment

That is SOOOO COOOOL!
                    sigpic
                    Deb

Duke and Ivy

Comment

You both look like you had so much fun -- and it was a lot of fun to watch!
                      - Missy

Tristan, born 3/23/10
                      sigpic

Comment

aww!! She has so much fun!!!
                        sigpic
                        -Sara-
                        -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

I love how much fun she is obviously having!!! What a great thing that it helps her confidence and helps the two of you to bond!
                          sigpic
                          Crystal
                          Owned by:
                          Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
                          CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
                          Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
                          Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

How fun watching the bond between you two, and the amount of fun you are having. Something about her being a rescue makes it even more special for me to see how happy and pleased she is. Thank you for posting the videos, they are fantastic.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                            ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                            <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Working...
                            X