Pork as the primary meat protein

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork as the primary meat protein

It's been a while since I posted so, hi again! Gabby, my youngest, is still having pretty much constant issues with allergies/itching (we have tried antibiotics and steroids with little lasting success) so I was hoping to attempt some food trials. Right now I feed Acana grasslands which had lamb duck and whitefish. I was looking into Fromm pork and peas but I didn't know if pork was an ideal meat protein. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks all!
    Love is being owned by a Great Dane.sigpic

Have you considered feeding raw? my youngest wolfie has horrible allergies and the easiest way to know EXACTLY what is going into his system is to feed raw. It certainly makes the whole food elimination process easier if you think the allergy is caused by food.
    Please feel free to PM me, I have done extensive research on the whole allergy thing and it's very frustrating indeed! I am happy to share all I have learned with you.
    sigpic

Comment

The Fromm pork and peas is by far the worst of their grain free foods. It's basically all peas, pea protein and pea fibre with a little pork thrown in. Not sure about where you are, but here all of the grain free line is $92 for a 26lb bag which is crazy to me.
      Have you looked into First Mate at all? They don't do pork, but do have a true limited ingredient lamb food, one protein and one carb which is potato. Might be worth checking out.
      Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
      Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie View Post
        Have you considered feeding raw?
        I have considered raw, however my husband isn't quite in board at the moment. I definitely need to do some more research though because I know he would change his mind if it really came down to food being the issue. Our vet says she thinks it's more environmental but I would like to play around with food to try to completely rule that out as the issue. I'll PM you. Thanks!

Originally posted by kayla baxter View Post
        Have you looked into First Mate at all? .
        I have not looked into First Mate but I will do that today! Thank you for the suggestion!
        Love is being owned by a Great Dane.sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X