Chicken Soup For the Soul calc/phos %'s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Soup For the Soul calc/phos %'s

Hello! New Dane mom here. I would like to slowly transition Bella Mia, 15 wks old, to CSFTS. I would like to ask for advice on which kibble to choose. I understand calcium should not be over 1.5%, and phosphorus not over 1%.
    On the CSFTS site, Large Breed Puppy kibble has calcium listed as 1.2% Minimum, and phosphorus listed as 1.0 Minimum. Isn't that something to be concerned about since they are listed as minimum and %s could be higher? I contacted support (Valerie) and was given actual %'s for Adult and Large Breed Adult kibble. Adult kibble: 1.25% calc, .75 phos. Large Breed Adult kibble 1.10% calcium, .67% phos.
    I am wondering if it would be best to feed her the Adult kibble based on %'s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Did you get the actual calcium/phosphorous for the large breed puppy? A couple years or so ago the levels were in the safe zone.. It is fine to go with the adult due to teh levels being in the safe zone..
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Originally posted by kahluadanes View Post
      Did you get the actual calcium/phosphorous for the large breed puppy? A couple years or so ago the levels were in the safe zone.. It is fine to go with the adult due to teh levels being in the safe zone..
      No, I have not yet received an answer from support regarding actual %'s in large breed puppy kibble. I emailed support again today asking for actual, or maxiumum %'s.
      Thank you, I appreciate your advice. If I don't get an answer, I will go with the Adult kibble to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by kahluadanes View Post
        Per CSFTS support: "The food is formulated at 1% for phosphorus on a dry matter basis and that it is formulated at 1.7% calcium on a dry matter basis." Support confirmed these were actual percentages.

Comment

Calcium is too high.. Thanks for checking this out.
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
          X