Free stacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free stacking

I've been teaching Peach to free stack and stay and lately it's really starting to stick with her (and making my life as the photographer easier!)

Any critiques on our actual stack to fix? I was curious what you guys think of her conformation and body condition too. She's 18 months now.

sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
    Born July 7 2014
    Peach & Emily!

Well, she's gorgeous! I should teach Willow how to free stack. I have to hand stack in my obedience classes that start in March. Well, don't HAVE to position her legs, but I do, so free stacking would be easier (and make me look like I've been training more than the other people... :P). She looks gorgeous, though! She looks in excellent shape. How many different collars and scarves do you have for her?? (haha)
    sigpic
    Willow and Liv

Comment

Peachy's so pretty. I've always thought her coat color was unique .... I can't advise on stacking or correct conformation, but she's built a lot like my first girl ... a muscular 155 pounds most of her adult life.

The only time I can get Celle to stand still long enough TO stack is when she's spying on the neighbors and resting her chin on the deck railing like she's doing below
      sigpicCelle: 7/1/14, my current problem child
      Chance: 9/3/05, the stray kitten that Jena brought home
      Jena: 6/2/99 - 10/6/09 R.l.P. my heart dog (merle GD)

Comment

I don't know much about stacking beyond trying it with Finn a few times, but the front legs should be vertical, and the hocks should be straight up and down. Looks like her back legs are too close together but hard to tell. If you want to work on it, there are some good videos on YouTube from Daynakin on stacking.
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

I'll have a look at those links and see if we can fine tune it. She's a pretty quick study, I've been practicing stacking her and throwing a birthday party for her when she stands pretty, plus repeating her command for it while I do it. She's starting to get the idea that lots of treats come her way when she stands like that. She's been striking her little pose everywhere then she comes to me for treats hahah
          sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
          Born July 7 2014
          Peach & Emily!

Comment

Originally posted by 21softballstar View Post
            Well, she's gorgeous! I should teach Willow how to free stack. I have to hand stack in my obedience classes that start in March. Well, don't HAVE to position her legs, but I do, so free stacking would be easier (and make me look like I've been training more than the other people... :P). She looks gorgeous, though! She looks in excellent shape. How many different collars and scarves do you have for her?? (haha)
            Oh, and the answer to how many scarves and collars.... the answer is TOO many hahah. She has scarves in pink, purple, blue, red, off white, and plaid... so 6 scarves (that I can think of). She only has one collar... until her two new martingales from Lewis & Clark show up!

...I might have a problem.
            sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
            Born July 7 2014
            Peach & Emily!

Comment

Working...
            X