No referring to other forums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No referring to other forums?

I was just wondering why we are not allowed to post links to other forums on DOL? I'm sure there's a reason, but I have no idea what it would be, thanks.
    Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
    Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

It's rather poor taste to direct someone to a competing (if you will) website.
    Bev
    Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
    sigpic

Comment

Poor taste? I thought we were all about the information here? And what are we "competing" for exactly? If I posted a link to a pomeranian forum, would that be "competition" for the DOL forum? I would hope that there's a better reason than that, especially since people have been banned for it!

Comment

beautiful pix Bev.
        sigpic
        Myboy RIP at 2 1/2 product of BYB

Comment

I don't really understand the competing forum thing either. It does not really seem like forums are competing against each other. People go to different kinds of forums to learn. And I would like to think that if I knew of a website or another forum that someone could learn from, I could refer them without being in fear of getting banned.
          sigpic

Comment

My thoughts...

One issue is that DOL has worked long and hard to make the site successful. In our case it's been 10 plus years of dedication of time and dollars, not to mention the dedication and knowledge of its members, which is freely given. Those that have competing Forums should have to work at being successful and not ride off the coattails of the work of others by having people join DOL with the sole purpose of referring to their sites.

Nobody should ride for free...hard work usually dictates success.

Oh, did I mention ethics?

Nuff said, I think.
            ------------------------
            Great Danes Online
            www.danesonline.com
            ------------------------
            Great Danes Online Facebook
            http://www.facebook.com/danesonline
            ------------------------
            Admin Blog
            -------------//--------------

Comment

Additionally,
              Paul/Deb cannot moderate content on the other forums to DOL policies. Links posted may be innocent now... but content on that link can easily change without notice and without any moderation from DOL, DOL could inadvertently have a link to something horrific if they allowed links to unmoderated (by DOL) forums on here.

Along with the No-one rides for free... this was a big reason for 'no forum link' rules on another PHP I moderated years ago.
              - Chris
              "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Walnuts View Post
                Paul/Deb cannot moderate content on the other forums to DOL policies. Links posted may be innocent now... but content on that link can easily change without notice and without any moderation from DOL, DOL could inadvertently have a link to something horrific if they allowed links to unmoderated (by DOL) forums on here.
                This makes sense, thanks.

Comment

Love your new siggy Bev!
                  Carolyn
                  Divine Acres Great Danes
                  Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
                  sigpic

Comment

Bev and Carolyn: Love both of your siggys!!!!
                    sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Thanks!

Carolyn - ditto!
                      Bev
                      Foto Danes

Ch Payaso Flighty Star Alliance RN CGC CHIC
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X