Worried about rescue kitten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about rescue kitten

Hello everybody! On Saturday we rescued a little kitten that was stuck in a tree in our backyard. It was in pretty bad shape. We took it to Animal Humane but they said we had to set up an appointment to surrender her. So we took her to the vet and the vet did an exam, treated her for stick-tight fleas and wormed her. Other than her being starving and a bit crusty, she said she looked fine. We have her set up in a Great Dane sized crate with all the necessities. We have an appointment with Humane on Friday to surrender her. We haven't let her explore outside the crate and just let her settle and adjust. Well today we finally let her out and when she was walking around we noticed that she was very wobbly and would stumble at times. We don't have intentions of keeping this little girl, but are really worried about her. Other than her "drunken" walk, she was bouncing back really well! Any ideas? The crate has been kept in the garage, but we have been home everyday since we found her. (Just moved into this house and are settling in ourselves.) We have checked the temp of the garage and have kept the garage door open when we are home (aside from a few short trips to the store). It's not overly hot in there. But my mind is going crazy and I'm worried that she's been poisoned by being in the garage. Could that happen? We had an inspection done everything checked out fine!

I FEEL HORRIBLE!!!

My husband doesn't think she's been poisoned and just thinks that we didn't notice her wobble because she hasn't been let out enough to really watch her walk.

Thoughts? Any input is appreciated.
    sigpic

Is it possible that she's not drinking water? How old did the vet think she is. If she's drinking she could be dehydrated.
    ~Kelsey, mom to~
    Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
    Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
    Cece- Calico 4 years
    Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
    Tyke- 4 months

Comment

The vet estimates her to be 10 weeks old. She's a tiny little thing though. She's eating and drinking really well. Using the restroom too. I researched a bit last night..with all those fleas on the edge of her ears, I'm wondering if she may have an ear infection?

Poor little thing! She's not in pain and is a real sweetheart. Hope she's going to be ok.
      sigpic

Comment

if she was that flea ridden possible anemia?
        sigpic
        Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
        Titan - GD
        Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
        Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
        Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Working...
        X