Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul-Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul-Question

Is there anybody else here that feeds Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul?? If so, how MUCH do you feed your Great Dane? I'm giving Yankee around 5-6 cups a day, which is what the bag says, but I really think he looks skinny!! Should I be feeding him more???????
    sigpicDenika, mommy to Jamie-a two-legger, Yankee, Liberty, Justice, Sparky, (foster failure)
    We are on Facebook!!
    www.facebook.com/denikagoblemenis

The feeding guideline on any bag is just that, a guideline. Always feed according to the individual dog. If I followed the bag of Acana that I feed, Zephyr would be getting 4 and a bit cups a day. To maintain weight he needs 6 cups plus a 13oz can of food.
    Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
    Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Mox eats CS large breed and eats about the same amount. I would actually like her to eat more but she is a tough eater. I give her 3 meals a day and she gets veggies and sometimes meat or cheese in breakfast and dinner and she gets an egg with lunch.
      If your dog looks thin and will eat more, I would give more food. Mox just isn't interested. Mox is just under 33 inches tall and at last Vet visit was 112 #. My vet would love her to gain a few more pounds but says she is in great shape. BTW Moxie will be 3 in April.
      Good Luck!

Comment

Feeding charts are to give you a basic idea, every dog is different just like people are. If your dog looks thin add food. While growing I prefer to keep mine on the leaner side, should barely see the last two ribs.

Comment

Working...
        X