Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Dane Poodle Mix (Designer Dog Debate)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Great Dane Poodle Mix (Designer Dog Debate)

This is a week old but I wanted to add. The dog I grew up with was a peke-a-poo. I was ten when my mom got him, she wasn't well informed about pet shop puppies (she's since learned). He was the best dog we ever had, great temperment, healthy until he got cancer at age 10(probably from bad genes from his mix). She got him because his "breed" was supposed to be non-shedding, we got lucky there too, he was non-shed. However the other 3 puppies in his litter were all very sick, the two females had very bad umbilical hernias, and the male I can't recall. Onyx was the only one that acted like a normal puppy.

Peke-a-poo people fought for years to have the AKC recognize them. Never happened. I would think that part of the reason is they tend to have many issues because of people jumping on the designer dog money wagon and there is no consistency with apperance. They aren't picking healthy dogs to breed with, and then they also have indiscrepencies with what each dog looks like. I have never seen two peke-a-poos look alike, and usually they are the most ugly little dogs, with awful temperments. When you breed two peke-a-poos together they never look like the 1st generation. This goes for all the labradoodles, puggles, yorkiepoos, etc.... Anyone who really cares for the welfare of dogs would never want the genetic mess of diseases to get more jumbled than it already is.

As much as I love Onyx I would never want another set of dogs to sit at a byb or puppymill just to produce a cute little puppy like Onxy again. If you want a cute little poodle mix puppy, there are usually dozens at the shelter that would love a forever home.

Comment

RE: Great Dane Poodle Mix (Designer Dog Debate)

Please tell me you're not serious.

Julie and all her pets (Maia, Max, Ned, Lizzie, Louie, Einstein, Rocky, Crisco, Zoey, Eris, Popcorn, Scarlet Buzz, Pretzel, Vlad, and Rusty)
      Julie
      Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
      RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
      Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
      sigpic

Comment

Great Dane Poodle Mix (Designer Dog Debate)

I'd like to know your thought on the Dane Poodle mix breed. I saw a pic online and they're pretty dang cute. How would I find a breeder? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X