Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny Puppy

Hello,
    One of my relatives has a Dane that is being feed on Holistic Select. They are giving her about 12 scoops of food a day. she is a little over 2yrs. She is really skinny you can see every bone of her ribs and her hip bone is visible. Any suggestions? I cant really help my danes are on a raw diet.

How big is a scoop? Like 1 cup, or smaller? 12 cups is a lot of food, but if the scoop is 1/3 or 1/2 cup that's not such a big deal. Has she been wormed recently? Seen a vet to see why she is so thin? I think we need more info to help, but I'd suggest they start with a vet visit if she's actually eating 12 cups of food a day. If not, see how many actual cups she's eating, and maybe she just needs more food or a more calorie dense food.
    Last edited by oshagcj914; 01-11-2017, 05:41 PM.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

My other question would be is she keeping the food down or does she throw up quite frequently? There have been a lot of danes with Mega E coming into rescues recently.
      ~ Erin ~
      "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X