Flat feet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat feet

Can someone show me a picture of a dog with flat feet and one without? I've seen the term countless times here yet I still can't visualize it.. What problems can it cause or is it just aesthetic problem?
    sigpic

Here's a comparison picture that shows both. Zephyr has sucky flat feet and weak pasterns, Halpert has lovely feet.

Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
    Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Ahh I see thankyou. Is this just a random thing that happens for no particular reason? And the correction is vitamin C right?
      sigpic

Comment

Here are some more pictures of Halpert's lovely feet. And I must admit that calling them that made me a very happy gal. Sad but true.

Front feet http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnchilla/4618989010/
        Both http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnchilla/4458093910/

They should be tight, and very "up" on their feet. Flat feet sort of splay out, and look well flatter instead of rounded.
        sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

Originally posted by HarlequinHorror View Post
          Ahh I see thankyou. Is this just a random thing that happens for no particular reason? And the correction is vitamin C right?
          Zephyr's feet went icky at around five months, and he's been on vitamin c ever since. He's on 4000mg a day now and they're finally starting to look better. That picture shows them at their worst.
          Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
          Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Sorry its small. But could harley use some vit c?
            sigpic

Comment

There are a number of things that can cause flat feet.... From vitamin deficiency to conformation (structural) deformities to just random growth spurts and over grown nails (this is when I know Bambi is due for a trim, her feet begin to look splayed).... And Yes most cases can be fixed with minor adjustments to diet or Vitamin supplementation and or nail clipping... My Max was always down in his Pasterns.. It drove me nuts, but seeing as his turned out to be a structural deformity there wasn't much we could do
              Last edited by Purple Raine; 05-15-2011, 03:19 PM.
              Teresa n
              sigpic

Comment

Flat Feet?

I also am concerned with my Danes feet. She's 5 months old and sometimes I think shes getting a little flat footed. Im not sure how I can tell, she's my first Dane and sometimes I think I'm just psyching myself out. The back seem more flat than the front, but I've also heard thats normal!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelback View Post
                  I also am concerned with my Danes feet. She's 5 months old and sometimes I think shes getting a little flat footed. Im not sure how I can tell, she's my first Dane and sometimes I think I'm just psyching myself out. The back seem more flat than the front, but I've also heard thats normal!
                  Do you give vitamin C to your pup? Can you take a picture?
                  Carynn & Jax
                  sigpic
                  RIP Diesel ~ April 2000 (about) - Sept 19, 2011
                  Rescued from a life of abuse & starvation at 3, lost to cancer at 11 1/2
                  Love you always.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn View Post
                    Here are some more pictures of Halpert's lovely feet. And I must admit that calling them that made me a very happy gal. Sad but true.

Front feet http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnchilla/4618989010/
                    Both http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnchilla/4458093910/

They should be tight, and very "up" on their feet. Flat feet sort of splay out, and look well flatter instead of rounded.

I always admired Halpert's 'lovely feet' and nice nails.

Martha
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't really think Vit C does anything. Most Danes I have seen that are teething get bad feet for a bit and then they usually come back up if they were up before teething. Just my opinion since all they do is pee out the excess Vit C
                      sigpic
                      Crystal
                      Owned by:
                      Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
                      CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
                      Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
                      Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Here were Marlin's feet when he came home, after all the stress:

After building up to 750 mg of Vitamin C per day, just as tight and nice as they could be! I'll have a new stack photo on Thursday or friday to compare. It's not a scary thing! Just stress, and the Vit. C will fix it right up

Comment

Andross has always had bad flat feet in the back. I hate it! Did the whole vitamin c thing for over a year and a half now and nothing. Maybr just bad genetics in his case.
                          sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey View Post
                            Andross has always had bad flat feet in the back. I hate it! Did the whole vitamin c thing for over a year and a half now and nothing. Maybr just bad genetics in his case.
                            It can be bad genetics. I've seen it in the show ring as well.
                            sigpic
                            CHDANTRYDANES SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE- "Moose"
                            Born: April 10,2011

FINISHED IN 1 WEEKEND
                            Bitch-CHDANTRYDANES SHE'S A NATURAL
                            Stud-CHDANTRYDANES OUT OF AZORES

Comment

Originally posted by daneowned View Post
                              I always admired Halpert's 'lovely feet' and nice nails.

Martha
                              Thanks!

Although now you made me feel guilty because I let his nails go to . And I keep saying I will get them down and gorgeous again... BAD DANE MAMA! He had such gorgeously kept feet before! I really really really like a dane with short short nails. It just looks (and feels, on me and furniture) so much better! I WILL do them today, and multiple times a week until that quick recedes darnit!
                              sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

Working...
                              X