How do I say good bye,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I say good bye,

I want to start with saying thanks to those who helped when we were trying to figure out what was wrong with my Sam , the Vet said today the words I've never wanted to here . Take him home and love him he will not see his 2nd birthday. (Cancer) the tumor in his lungs is so big that he's really having a hard time breathing.
    How do i say good bye to my little boy, when do i know it's time, I dont want to be selfish , but I've just have not had enough time with him.
    My heart is breaking and I just dont know what to do....and My poor Lilly girl is so sad , she has laid down beside Sam and hasnt left him since we brought him home .

RE: How do I say good bye,

Just know that you will be doing the best, most loving thing you can for him by releasing him. You need to come to terms with it and then go do it and be with him as he passes, you will know at that moment how to say goodbye. He knows you love him. PTS is the last loving thing you can do for him. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Give extra loving to your girl, she will need you the most after this is done. ;(

Comment

Hugs to you. I am so sorry to hear you are losing your baby. I have heard some advice that says to make a list of those things you consider critical to his quality of life, and as those things become impossible for him, then you need to make the decision. Best of luck to you and prayers for Sam.

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear this. I wish I could say all of the right things. Please know we are thinking of you and Sam.

Comment

You will know it's time when he has pain that you can't make go away. When he is struggling to breathe. When he no longer wants to eat. When he no longer wants to get up and walk around. Most of all, when he is no longer happy.

I'm very sorry you are having to go through this. I have gone through it twice in the past year. It is a terrible situation to have to endure. It is such a difficult decision to have to make.

Bill Carnes
          www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm
          www.k9goodbehavior.com

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
          Dr. Tom Lonsdale

Causing pain, either physical, mental, or emotional to an animal to force him to act as you think he should is wrong. Doing so only reflects the ignorance of the trainer. There IS a better way.

Comment

I am at a loss for words... ;( ;(

So very sorry... As for when, trainer's advice is good. Sam will tell you in his own way. And as hard as it will be, you will know how to say goodbye. Just be with him... it's all he'll need.

;( ;(
            Andre 1/23/2002 - 12/27/2009: I loved you all your life...and I shall miss you for the rest of mine.

sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear you have to go through this. My thoughts are with you.
              sigpic
              Leah, Toby & Tigger

Comment

i an so sorry.prayers for your little ones.Help your daughter to understand that something just cannot be mades better.
                you will know when it time just donot blame yourself.

Comment

We went through something similar with Obe this past summer and a few times I struggled with it before that point.

No one can really make the decision for you but your dane and you...I knew it was right when Obe got this look in his eyes - it was so incredibly sad and I could see the disappointment that I know he had to have felt while he watched his sister run and play, knowing he couldn't join in because his legs just wouldn't work right.

It was heartwrenching, and even then I told myself and him we were just going to the vet to get some x-rays...but after the x-rays I knew. His quality of life was going to get worse and the last thing I wanted for him as I'm sure you do yours is to be unhappy and to hurt anymore.

You'll know how to say goodbye when the time comes...Obe left us after only 18 months...and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. It won't be easy afterward, but you have another girl that's going to be a bit lost and confused as to why her buddy isn't there anymore - pour your energy and love into her and you will both get through it in time.

Our prayers are with you,

Comment

I'm so sorry you are going thru this. It's the hardest part in owning a dog..knowing when to let go.

I heard Roger Caras say...When there's more fear then fun, more pain then pleasure.

Take someone you trust with you, if you need support..and stay with Sam. And try not second guess yourself, as to the timing.

Remember you've got plenty of shoulders to cry on here.
                    Thinking of you and Sam.

Dee
                    sigpic

Comment

Will be thinking of you through this time. You will know when the right time is.
                      Kristin
                      sigpic

Comment

You've gotten great advice. You'll know when the time comes, when he isn't enjoying life anymore and he's in more pain than not. A friend who recently went through this had a vet come out to the house. They gave their dog the best last few days they could, and then he passed peacefully sunning in his favorite spot, in his mom's arms. I dread reaching that day with my baby but when its time, I want to be able to give him a goodbye like that. In a story I read the dog had loved chewing up Kleenex (obviously something the owner discouraged) but in her last moments she gave her Kleenex to shred.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Its hard enough when they live a good long life but when their already too short lives are shortened, it just seems so unfair.

Comment

I ended my boy Gabe's misery on his second birthday. An entire neighborhood of children showed up to say good bye. I struggled with "when" for several months before I knew the time had come. He was a wobbler case & watching his frustration with his inability to keep up with his brothers, his anger when they tried cuddling with him on the couch, his depression when his bladder failed him in the house & my tears dragging him up & down stairs on a blanket on his bad days, made the final decision more of a relief than anything.

I kept my promise to that sweet rescue that I'd never hurt him & I think I kept it, I put him before my selfish desire to keep him with me.

My prayers are with you that you know when the time is right.

Mitch

In Memory of Gabe. What he lacked in body he made up for in heart.
                          Click here Updated 8-22-05
                          [http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288799713]
                          Chicagoland pet sitting, grooming & dog training
                          http://www.knowplacepets.com

Comment

You will know when the time is right. Trust what is in your heart. I am sorry you are going through this and dread that day that I have to make that decision. I know that time is coming because my boxer is 11 yrs. old and is really slowing down.

Amy
                            ~Amy~

Comment

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. The pain seems completely unbearable, I know. He'll let you know when it's time, and you'll be doing the right thing.

Ashley & The Crew
                              See my babies:
                              Jasper:http://www.dogster.com/?64247
                              Baron:http://www.dogster.com/?97587

"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X