Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to buy individual doses of Frontline and Heartguard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to buy individual doses of Frontline and Heartguard?

Since my puppy is growing so rapidly, I need to buy individual doses of Frontline and Interceptor each month. I haven't even been able to find individual doses.

Any suggestions on the cheapest/best way to do this?

The vet wants to do an exam each time I bring Raina in, which is about $60 plus the price for the Frontline and Interceptor. For something as simple and routine as these things, I'd rather do it myself.
    APRIL - proud wife to the best hubby and mommy to 3 skin kids and a fur kid
    sigpic

I get mine fromthe vet. But they don't require an exam each time. That's crazy! I just bring her in, the tech weighs her, and they hand me one dose of the correct medication.
    sigpic

Comment

yeah that's dumb.. just go ask a different vet, lol!
      Tracy Miller
      sigpic
      Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
      Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
      Dog Food Advisor

Comment

Yeah, that's really the only thing I didn't like about the vet. I'd love to take her in there every month, just for something fun to do. Maybe I'll call and ask them if I can just buy it from them.
        Actually, they might have said she has to have an exam because she needs shots again. I didn't think about that.
        Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Yes your vet can sell you single dosages. That is crazy if they want you to have an exam each visit.
          sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

You should be able to go in to the vets office & buy it with no exam (as long as the dog is a patient there). It does usually work out that they need their shots/checkup as a pup when it's time for their HW meds. At least the first 2-3 months. I get the shots & get the meds. My vet has even given me the 1st two months that I have gotten for Ace free. I'm not sure why but hey I'm not complaining. Maybe it's because I get all of Roxy's there too and they feel sorry for me $$$ wise .
            sigpic
            Roxy & Ace

Comment

While mine were growing I always bought single doses at the vet's office. Sometimes now I will just get 3 months worth at a time. Bloodwork is required ONCE A YEAR to be sure they are HW neg with no other exams needed.

Martha
              sigpic

Comment

yeah they might have meant that they want you to bring the pup in to get weighed each time you get a new doseage - so you know its the right dose.. that would make a lot more sense..
                Tracy Miller
                sigpic
                Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
                Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
                Dog Food Advisor

Comment

If they want him to be weighed each time, they wouldn't charge for that. What's the $60.00 for???
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, I called them today, and it makes more sense now. Raina's next appointment would be four weeks from the first one, which will be for shots, Frontline, and Interceptor. They said she'd have to have another exam... but that's for the shots. For the monthly rounds of Frontline and Interceptor, we don't have to do the exam... just walk in, weigh her, and buy the individual doses. Ok, got that one figured out.
                    Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X