Butterfly Slayer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly Slayer...

Phin is a butterfly slayer... in his mind only. Our garden is being over run by these white butterflies and Phin is just mesmerized by them. He tries will all his might to open those giant lips and catch one, but he is too slow and those lips get in the way.

This garden area has a gate that is always closed, so when my husband goes down to service the pool equipment, both dogs think it's a special treat to go with him. Phin usually just spends his time peeing on everything in that area, but lately, he just wants to watch the butterflies.

I was sitting on the porch and he was just standing there as stealth like as possible waiting for one to swoop by. It's a terrible picture, through the screened porch and with a chair back in the way, but it was take the pic while I can or not take it at all. I don't get many pics of Phin up and about anymore, so I love when I can even grab a crappy pic - with my cell phone too.

My sweetness hunting butterflies!

Last edited by Angel7292; 05-22-2016, 08:22 AM.
    sigpic

Aww, what a big love bug!
    sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
    Born July 7 2014
    Peach & Emily!

Comment

Oh my goodness ... what a sweetie! I don't believe I've seen a picture of Phin ... well .... vertical. He has the softest eyes. Actually the screen gives the photo an oil-on-canvas effect. Thanks for sharing
      sigpicCelle: 7/1/14, my current problem child
      Chance: 9/3/05, the stray kitten that Jena brought home
      Jena: 6/2/99 - 10/6/09 R.l.P. my heart dog (merle GD)

Comment

That lippy face is just perfect!!!! Happy Hunting, Phin!!!
        sigpicKelly

Comment

Love it! Those big lips...I could play with them all day, lol
          sigpic
          Willow and Liv

Comment

This would be a good one for that SuperPhoto app. You could make it look like a painting!
            sigpic
            Chaucey
            Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
              This would be a good one for that SuperPhoto app. You could make it look like a painting!
              LOL Darn chair is in the way. If it wasn't for the screen, I'd just photoshop out the chair. The photo being taken through the porch screen makes that impossible.

It's funny, only minutes before this photo, he got himself stuck in this vining plant that is climbing my fence and most of him was covered in all these little flowers. I tried to get my phone on, camera on, quick enough but my husband moved something and Phin's attention was drawn elsewhere and I would have ended up with a butt shot. He looked like he was wearing a wig of leaves and petals.

It bums me that the time he spends on his feet these days is so little that I can barely snap a pic of him. Usually he gets up, does his business and heads back into the house to his bed. How sad is it that people on this forum haven't ever seen pics of him vertical? SMH... We use to post pics all the time of his adventures, beach trips, festival outings, parades, etc.

I do have to agree with everyone, those lips are smooch-able. I just love my puddle face.
              sigpic

Comment

I love the pic - chair and all! And this is the best "lips shot" of Phin ever, lol! Love it!!! 😊
                -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Working...
                X