Dane safe toys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Millie03 View Post
    Millie can motor through a bullystick so fast that I really could just hand her the five dollar bill and let her go at it. Same amount of time.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha! Pepper too... the bully lasts about 20-30 minutes... a five spot might last 20-30 seconds though so I suppose its worth it. Also, I think the bully stickis probably cleaner...
    sigpic
    Jessica & Pepper
    I don't just have a great dane, I have a dane who is great

Comment

Originally posted by JessWarn View Post
      I never knew there was a stronger version or the holee roller! I'm guessing you would have to go to a website for that?
      Yea, its called Hol-ee mol-ee... And holi-ee mol-ee extreme. Its on that list at the top of the thread... You can get it online at petfooddirect and dog.com... But they also sell it at Pet Supply plus and Petco stores... Its just a smaller, thicker version of the hol-ee roller and a much harder rubber material
      - Chris
      "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure either what Kong uses to make their tennis type toys. The balls we have are about the size of grapefruits, though, so they can't choke on them. A real tennis ball seems too small and potentially hazardous to me. Before your post, I had thought that size was the only thing I had to worry about. Now I'll have to check on how they are made. Thanks!
        sigpic

Willow says: Can I have my apple, please?

Comment

Thanks everyone! Boggie got a few new ones and is really enjoying them. He's dealing with no more rawhide but it's been tough. He'll survive. After the first we'll buy an antler and he'll be happy.
          Nicole
          Mom to 4 little ones and 1 not so little blue dane (Bogart)

Comment

Thanks @ Crystal.

I recently bought Simon a Tuffy plush bone on your recommendation and I'm thoroughly impressed. Its a level 9 Ultimate Bone... and wow, that thing feels indestructible!@ I was sooo surprised at how solid it feels for a stuffed toy. I don't know about anyone else' danes, but I would trust this toy unsupervised... there's no way in hell my dogs are strong enough to tear this thing apart... Biiiiigggggg thanks for the recommendation... I'd recommend this thing to ANYONE.

- Chris
            "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
            sigpic

Comment

-shudder- just went through my house, and eliminated all of the tennis balls. Soccer balls, however, are still a go

Comment

@ Adya,

Just an FYI... only actual Tennis balls have that adhesive that erodes tooth enamel.

Air Kong toys, while they LOOK like tennis balls with the irridescent green/yellow fuzz, are free of tooth eating adhesives... so don't throw out any Air Kong toys bc of this.
                - Chris
                sigpic

Comment

yeah, we had actual tennis balls, so bye bye to them! I need to go stock up on the kong balls, plus get that everlasting funmaker. We have made a few food toys ourselves out of old soda bottles (cut a hole, duct tape the sharp edges, fill it up and let them go nuts), but they need something a bit more sturdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Walnuts View Post
                    Thanks @ Crystal.

I recently bought Simon a Tuffy plush bone on your recommendation and I'm thoroughly impressed. Its a level 9 Ultimate Bone... and wow, that thing feels indestructible!@ I was sooo surprised at how solid it feels for a stuffed toy. I don't know about anyone else' danes, but I would trust this toy unsupervised... there's no way in hell my dogs are strong enough to tear this thing apart... Biiiiigggggg thanks for the recommendation... I'd recommend this thing to ANYONE.

Titan torn this apart in less than 10 minutes....
                    sigpic
                    -Sara-
                    -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_87 View Post
                      Titan torn this apart in less than 10 minutes....
                      Seriously?!?!?!?!

You sure it was the level 9 'Ultimate' bone and not the level 6 or 7?

That thing weighs nearly a pound and has like 11 layers of stitching!!

omg Titan must be a super aggresssive chewer. I literally cant imagine my old APBT chewing this thing apart... much less any of my danes. wow

My dogs have chewed through Louis Vuitton leather shoes in a matter of 45 minutes, but didn't even phase this thing.
                      - Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Walnuts View Post
                        Seriously?!?!?!?!

You sure it was the level 9 'Ultimate' bone and not the level 6 or 7?

That thing weighs nearly a pound and has like 11 layers of stitching!!

omg Titan must be a super aggresssive chewer. I literally cant imagine my old APBT chewing this thing apart... much less any of my danes. wow

My dogs have chewed through Louis Vuitton leather shoes in a matter of 45 minutes, but didn't even phase this thing.
                        LOL yes, level 9.

He goes for the stitching, the black lining and works at that.. None of the toughies have lasted us.
                        sigpic
                        -Sara-
                        -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

YIKES!

Well I guess they're only good for non-agressive chewers
                          - Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

well, you could always try the Horse Jolly toys. My dogs have sampled my horses, and they seem to like it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Adya View Post
                              well, you could always try the Horse Jolly toys. My dogs have sampled my horses, and they seem to like it just fine.
                              My boys love their jolly ball! It's lastest 2 years and still counting...

sigpic
                              -Sara-
                              -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

Ximmy's Jolly Ball has held up very nicely as well. Great Xoomie toy. She also has a lion tough hard plastic ball that you can put sand or water in. It's quite large and she plays a mean game of ball hockey with it. does complete circuits of the yard on the fences dribbling it with her front feet like a soccer ball.

Her very favorite toys are her Wubbas. She can suck on 'em, run with 'em, play tug with her Mom with 'em, and throw 'em all over the house and yard! What fun Wubbas are!
                                sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Working...
                                X