Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropping ears...price?

Hello everyone,
    I am new to Great Danes, and my new puppy isn't even born yet..hehe.. She'll be born in May, and she is coming to me in mid-late July. I DO want her ears cropped, and my breeder has offered to do it at 7 weeks, so that by 12 weeks, she'll be (maybe) using the tape, if anything. She told me that the fee she is charging for cropping ears, is $140.00....is that too much? Or is it a reasonable price? My vet told me that he would do it for $175.00..is that a fair price. Thanks everyone!
    Stephanie
    *~Princess~*Fritz~*

RE: Cropping ears...price?

I pay $140 for ear cropping to the Vet I am currently using.

Comment

lawdy-carol-can i come to BigD & stay with you<G> next time i need a litter cropped? the only vet in my region who can put a decent crop on a dane (& use the right anesthesia, etc.) charges me $240.....envious of the savings ya'll can get!

Comment

My Vet that retired that I really like the crops better than the one I'm using now charged me $165 and I thought that was high. Both are experienced dane vets. Some of these vets are getting a little carried away price wise. My friend in Albuquerque paid what you pay for crops and they were horrible. Just ruined the heads. When I started in danes the crops were $35.

Comment

my pal in Alb. goes to KANSAS to get a decent crop at a decent price! ROFL!

Comment

I've got you beat. The crop I got last fall was $280. It is really tough to find a vet that does a decent job. The crop before that was done in the Midwest for $140 and that was five years ago.
            Jo
            Hof Kurz Great Danes
            Ch. Tor RN, CHIC, Ch. Reva CHIC, Can. Ch. J'aime TDI
            Fawns and Brindles Since 1975
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/11304225@N05

Comment

well better a good crop properly done anyway, regardless of the cost? fewer vets do it all the time & i know my guy is frustrated by the aftercare problems he sees & threatens to quit from time to time. some good crops done by non-vets relatively inexpensively, but that hasn't been an option for me & i'd never let the vets i know that crop for ~$150 touch my dogs, frankly, so it's either the high-end guy <G> or not at all given my options. i do mine, but don't really encourage it otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X