Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need Vitamin C supplement for puppy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Vitamin C supplement for puppy?

Do you supplement with Vitamin C?
    Last edited by Babydane; 11-24-2015, 06:58 PM. Reason: Changed question

I never did supplement unless needed. Dogs make their own vitamin c in their body. Certain growth problems do better with vitamin c but I wouldn't do it unless needed.

Comment

I would also not supplement unless there is an issue that warrants it.
      sigpic

Comment

I personally always give vit c. It is a great immune system booster especially for pups/dogs that are in stressful situations.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Doesn't is also help strengthen collagen? It's one of the supplements we give our Golden Retriever for her hip dysplasia and after experiencing HD with her I just added it to Peach's regular feeding routine from a fairly early age in the hopes of never having to go through that with her.
          sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
          Born July 7 2014
          Peach & Emily!

Comment

I only gave it when Finn was a little down on his pasterns and his feet looked a little splayed. If you use it, make sure to use Ester C or something buffered, and increase slowly or you'll have cannon butt.
            sigpic
            Chaucey
            Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by Babydane View Post
              Do you supplement with Vitamin C?
              Supplementing with C is in my opinion depends on a # of factors. Dogs create C from sunlight. So the question involves location and lifestyle. Phoenix, Az or Buffalo, Ny. Is the dog primarily an inside dog that walks a couple of blocks a day or primarily an outside dog spending hours a day outside? Also is the dog in general good health or recovering from surgery or an illness in which case a supplement is probably desired. It's really an individual question.

Comment

Working...
              X