Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will Bil-Jac frozen food keep in fridge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will Bil-Jac frozen food keep in fridge?

Dumb question- How long will it keep in the fridge once it's thawed? Do I treat it as though it was regular ground meat? Also, there is no expiration date on the bag. What's the normal shelf life? Any help appreciated.

RE: How long will Bil-Jac frozen food keep in fridge?

Doesn't it say somewhere on the package to use within five days of thawing?

You're right...I always treat it like ground beef, too.

If you're using it as a supplement or special treat, you can take out just part of the bag and thaw that in the fridge.

mp

Comment

Ive had it no longer than 5 days so not sure I try to just keep couple days at a time out

Lisa Mcintosh
      http://xceldanes.com/index.html
      sigpicLisa
      www.xceldanes.com

Comment

I let it thaw out and put in zlock bags and put it back in the freezer. When you put in bags you can squeeze the bags and it breaks easley. It could stay in the feezer for ever. When I feed it to Zek I put a little warm water on it and he inhails it. This works out great and you don't have to worry about the shelf life. Good luck.

Comment

I thaw out one five pound bag at a time, and it takes me about a week to use the whole bag. I just keep it in the fridge until it's gone. The last cup seems as fresh the first. I wouldn't push it much more than 7 days, though.

Courtney, Wynne, and Freya
          Courtney, Hazzard, Ishtar the Wonder Frog, & Dean

Rare Earth Danes
          My girls, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge...Wynne, CD, RA, CGC - 1 of first 5 Danes in US to title in RN; 2005 Top 10 Danes in RN & RA, and Freya, CGC - my heart dog

Comment

Even dumber question...
            What is Bil-Jac????? :-)

~Tracy

Comment

BilJac is made with fresh meat for wholesome protein. It must be kept under refrigeration until fed. May be stored in the refrigerator as fresh meat or kept frozen for longer storage.

Crude Protein (Min.)......18%
              Crude Fat (Min)......8%
              Crude fiber (Max)....25%
              Moisture (Max).....44%

There is so much in BilJac that I wont list all but here is the first few ingredience.

Beef,Meat By-Products,Cereal,Poultry, Poultry Meal, Animal Liver, Fish Meal, Eggs etc. It is a great food to mix with your own kibble. I mix it with Main Source and he loves it. Very healthy and a very sold stool which is nice when you have to clean it up all the time. He goes to the bath room about 3 to 4 times a day. He is 12 weeks old but I swear he can poop with the best of them. BilJack is a great product and your dog will love it.

Comment

Working...
              X