age and cropping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• age and cropping?

how old should a dane be before getting their ears cropped?

hi pups get there ears cropped by the breeders at 7 and 8 weeks old is the norm.

Comment

i think some of it depends on the area you are in also. I have read 6-8 weeks on this and other forums, but, all of the vets where we live will do them 12-14 weeks. None of the vets would crop my pup before then. I called 20 of them from this area.

Comment

In my area and most places the age that crops are done is between 7-10 weeks some will do it at 12 weeks. The longer you wait the less of a chance that the ears will stand. I would have liked Festus to be done at 8 weeks but due to snow and the roads being quite slipppery, he got done just shy of 10 weeks.
        sigpic

Comment

My vet cropped Harley's ears at 9 weeks old, I had to beg her to put his appointment first. She stops at 10 weeks. There was another vet we consulted with just before I found her, he wouldn't touch Harley until 14 weeks, when I asked the % of success, he said between 70-80%. When I found my vet and told her what he said she just laughed, said that is why he has a low rate, he is cropping to late. Harley's ears are perfect and they stand perfect, for now
          sigpic-
          Nemo- 3yr old black male dane
          Harley- 16 month old black male dane
          AND Tessie- 2yr old Fawn Female

Comment

Working...
          X