PetPlan and HealthyPaws Insurance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PetPlan and HealthyPaws Insurance?

Has anyone here had experience with either pet health insurance company? I have read some very positive reviews on both on Pet Insurance Review, but I've also read some very negative reviews and I know that positive reviews can be planted...

Originally posted by nikiwantsadane View Post
    Has anyone here had experience with either pet health insurance company? I have read some very positive reviews on both on Pet Insurance Review, but I've also read some very negative reviews and I know that positive reviews can be planted...

We had Embrace before, but didn't love it, and switched to Healthy Paws. Ever since, Zoomer has been healthy as a horse, lol, so we've had no occasion for a claim. If we do any time soon - we will re-post to this thread.
    -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

We use pet plan. They paid out no problem when we spent close to $500 in diagnostics over a pyometra scare. It turned out that she was just in heat again after 2 months of her last heat, but they paid the testing anyways. And we'll get a bit back on our last diagnostic tests recently that diagnosed her dehydration. I've been a happy camper
      sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
      Born July 7 2014
      Peach & Emily!

Comment

I have Healthy Paws. Super friendly staff, very knowledgeable and supportive. The claims process is easy.

Are you looking to sign up an adult dog or puppy?
        sigpic

Comment

I had Healthy Paws, but switched to Embrace. Not only did Healthy Paws cost me twice as much as Embrace for basically the same coverage (except Healthy Paws had no yearly cap), but they also raised my premium by a significant amount after the first year. I don't know much about PetPlan except I did see on another forum that they're changing their coverage to no longer allow 100% reimbursement. People there seem to be otherwise happy with it.
          sigpic
          Chaucey
          Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

I just signed up with Healthy Paws. $75 bucks a month 80% coverage with a $250 deductible. Hopefully we wont need it
            Xerxes Knight GD (April 29 2016 - present)
            Hannibal Knight GD (July 15 2003 - Nov 5 2015)

Comment

Working...
            X