Does she look pregnant???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does she look pregnant???

Last edited by bjklemm; 02-25-2016, 08:27 PM.

I sure hope you have health tested this girl and her stud before you bred them. And do you show? If no to both of those, congrats. You have just become yet another backyard breeder.

If yes to both of those, then not sure. Nipples look a bit swollen but not pinkish. Ultrasound can have you be sure.
    Last edited by 21softballstar; 02-25-2016, 09:04 PM.
    sigpic
    Willow and Liv

Comment

Thanks for your passive aggressive remark. Nice to be judged by a random person since you are obviously all great, powerful and knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by bjklemm View Post
        Thanks for your passive aggressive remark. Nice to be judged by a random person since you are obviously all great, powerful and knowing.
        If you had spent any time on this forum at all before breeding your Dane, (or writing your post) you would have known what to expect.
        -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Another person who ASSumes.

Comment

Like Lisa said, if you had spent 5 minutes on this forum, you'd know that DOL supports responsible breeding. Responsible breeders don't need to ask random strangers on a breed forum if their bitch is pregnant. Please get an ultrasound and a mentor.
            sigpic
            Chaucey
            Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Now you're just being childish.
              sigpicCelle: 7/1/14, my current problem child
              Chance: 9/3/05, the stray kitten that Jena brought home
              Jena: 6/2/99 - 10/6/09 R.l.P. my heart dog (merle GD)

Comment

Oh dear......I have nothing positive to say so I am not going to say anything. Plus it has already been said.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bjklemm View Post
                  Another person who ASSumes.
                  Not sure how it's an assumption, why don't you enlighten us. Do you show your dogs? How about health test? Are you going to be there for the future owners when they have behavioral issues or medical issues later in life? Are you prepared for possible pregnancy complications? What will you do if you don't sell all the puppies? Will you take a dog back if the owner cannot keep it, or are you going to let them fill our shelters more?

We only support reputable breeding practices here, which you are clearly not
                  ~Kelsey, mom to~
                  Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
                  Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
                  Cece- Calico 4 years
                  Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
                  Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Ugh, wish they hadn't deleted or someone had quoted. Now it's gone forever.

For those who read it, could it have been a case of a rescue that they didn't know was pregnant or was it blatantly a byb? Just out of curiosity. If the dog is already pregnant and it was to late to spay/abort, these people at least need some guidance on how to bring those pups into the world in the least dangerous manner and then how and why to get their girl spayed. And reputable rescue contacts to help place the pups.
                    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                      Ugh, wish they hadn't deleted or someone had quoted. Now it's gone forever.

For those who read it, could it have been a case of a rescue that they didn't know was pregnant or was it blatantly a byb? Just out of curiosity. If the dog is already pregnant and it was to late to spay/abort, these people at least need some guidance on how to bring those pups into the world in the least dangerous manner and then how and why to get their girl spayed. And reputable rescue contacts to help place the pups.
                      Did not sound like a rescue. And the person was excited and hoping for a pregnancy, hoping they were either 40 days along or 40 more days to go. Showed pics of a blue girl. Whenever we asked if they showed or health tested, they replied back rudely, as you can see.
                      sigpic
                      Willow and Liv

Comment

Aside from not looking conformationally correct, she was a blue but had a large amount of white (chest, legs, etc) which I've never seen in the show ring, even if it isn't an immediate disqualification. There was another red flag I saw (maybe in the background) and now I can't pinpoint what it was.
                        -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

The biggest issue is the person came on here who appeared to be a BYB and was asking strangers on the internet if their dog looked pregnant because it should be X days pregnant and the person did not want to get an ultrasound. It sounded like they did not want to spend the money to get an ultrasound in my opinion. That is the biggest issue I had. If your going to breed your dog, get an ultrasound, don't ask strangers on a forum if your dog is pregnant.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lisacp75 View Post
                            Aside from not looking conformationally correct, she was a blue but had a large amount of white (chest, legs, etc) which I've never seen in the show ring, even if it isn't an immediate disqualification. There was another red flag I saw (maybe in the background) and now I can't pinpoint what it was.
                            I believe I saw a very short docked tail and a muzzle even more thin and pointed than Celle's. But they are gone now, so I'm going to do something constructive and watch Bear's tricks video again .... and again.
                            sigpicCelle: 7/1/14, my current problem child
                            Chance: 9/3/05, the stray kitten that Jena brought home
                            Jena: 6/2/99 - 10/6/09 R.l.P. my heart dog (merle GD)

Comment

HA! We need to learn some more tricks....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X