No announcement yet.

Apoquel - new drug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been promised in writing from the drug company that I will be able to continue to get it for Festus due to the circumstances that surround his case for the medication.

I've been told by the higher ups at Zoetis that it is they are running short on the medication and it takes 9 months to make one single batch of it due to the growth time of the active ingrediants in the pills themselves. The product is expected to be back availiable to the general market with the earliest being the middle of 2015.
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.co...by-April-2015/
      "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

I'm not holding my breath on that one. Hopefully it is true and others can find relief as it is a great drug.
        sigpic

Comment

I've also heard the April 2015 figure from two different vets, but they're probably just going by whatever the company tells them.

Our girl Lula came with a full bottle of it, but our vet doesn't have access -- so on the advice of something I read here (I think?), I've been splitting the pills since we got her. And she seems to be doing fine, but we've also switched her off Hill's Prescription Z/D and onto 4health grain free at the advice of her breeder, and her coat and digestion have improved remarkably, with no increase in itching. So I'm not sure she ever actually had allergies in the first place -- she was on Iams before the old owner's vet switched them to the prescription crap, so she might have just needed to eat something other than cardboard
          Caitlin &
          REMY {weimaraner}
          LULA {dane}
          OBERYN {newf}
          CONNER {kitty}

Comment

Working...
          X