Small black scabs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small black scabs?

For the past month Finn has had these tiny black scabs on his feet and coming up his leg. They're so small you wouldn't see them unless you really had a good look, like a few millimetres long. But once you spot them there are quite a few. He's regularly treated with a spot on to prevent mange and fleas, the Vet said it's definitely not any type of mange and put him on anti-bs to see if they would clear it, he's only a few days into the anti-bs so I don't expect them to be gone yet, but I'm kind of baffled. Never seen this before. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?
    sigpic

Some kind of skin tag maybe? Lola gets them on her belly, they turn black-ish after a while and fall off.

Or a rash that has a little bit of blood...maybe he's walking in an allergen. Could try some Benadryl.

Comment

Do they flake off? "Sticktight Fleas" are black and super tiny. They latch on just like their name says - tight! Maybe the topical med doesn't work well on those areas??? Just throwing something out there. Google it for a pic. Good luck, hope it's nothing serious!
      sigpic

Comment

Hello again, I am really scratching my head here. The vet has ruled out fleas, mange, and all the usual skin stuff. The antibiotics didn't clear it, and it's steadily getting worse. I got a medicated bath for him but doesn't seem to have done anything and he has a check up in a month to see if they're clearing but I definitely notice them getting more plentiful rather than better. His coat is otherwise in good condition.
        It's not really bothering him at all but it is bothering me, and it's quite unsightly which means when I get around to showing him again it could be a problem. Vet doesn't think allergies, and he's on a grain free diet and won't eat chicken anyway so his main meats are beef, lamb, pork. And I don't think that's a factor since his diet hasn't changed since he had them... I've attached a picture - they are small black scabs that he's had for months now, I first noticed it on his legs, barely noticeable, now they're clearly recognisable on his thighs and a few on his main body as well. Any ideas?!
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

That is what Lola looks like when she gets a little scratch when wrestling with Herc. I can't imagine having that many though...it looks like he ran through a thorny rose bush.

Could he somehow be itching himself too hard, or biting on his legs if they itch? Or maybe like an OCD thing, if he has some separation anxiety when you're gone?

Comment

Originally posted by jrturk View Post
            That is what Lola looks like when she gets a little scratch when wrestling with Herc. I can't imagine having that many though...it looks like he ran through a thorny rose bush.

Could he somehow be itching himself too hard, or biting on his legs if they itch? Or maybe like an OCD thing, if he has some separation anxiety when you're gone?
            I haven't really noticed him itching at all - he does have a bit of separation anxiety but he is hardly ever left alone (that's probably why lol), and if he is not more for an hour or two.. They do look like scratches but I have no idea where he'd be getting them, we have a paved over garden like and either I or my mother is with him all day so it's strange :/
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X