Which Dremmel Should I Buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Dremmel Should I Buy?

Which Dremmel Should I Buy specifically? My dane is skittish and scared of having her toes trimmed, so the quietest is best, if possible. There are several different models on Amazon by the Dremmel company, with different RPMs.

I use a cordless Dremel Micro that I ordered directly from the Dremel website. The rpm range is from 0 to 28. I have it set on 15. Any higher and you'll build up too much heat on the nail. Use the sandpaper wheels and not any of the metal grinding tips. It's not quiet, so you will have to associate it with a high value treat.
    sigpicCelle: 7/1/14, my current problem child
    Chance: 9/3/05, the stray kitten that Jena brought home
    Jena: 6/2/99 - 10/6/09 R.l.P. my heart dog (merle GD)

Comment

I just bought this one from Chewy.com it is a little noisy but so far I have mostly just been getting the girls used to the noise. I just turn it on, give them a their favorite treat, and turn it off. Nala let me do two paws last night, but she started to get wiggly so I stopped.
      https://www.chewy.com/dog/furminator...-cats/dp/40181
      ~Kelsey, mom to~
      Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
      Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
      Cece- Calico 4 years
      Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
      Tyke- 4 months

Comment

I think I have the Dremel 4200. It's a corded one and I don't think it's super noisy as far as Dremels go. It was a bit pricey for just doing dog nails, but I use it for other things too. I thin Walmart carries a 2 speed one that's inexpensive and good for dog nails.
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

I have the cordless mini mite and the 7700. I far prefer the mini mite. It is smaller, quieter, and the battery lasts longer.
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Thank you everyone! I just purchased the Dremel 7000 after reading all of your replies, which is a AA powered version of the mini-mite. I read that the mini-mite battery costs as much as the dremel to replace, and many people end up tossing the entire unit due to this. The 7000 is apparently very quiet too!

Comment

Working...
            X