Papasan cushion for dog bed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papasan cushion for dog bed?

I was wandering around Old Time Pottery over the weekend and ran acoss a big pile of Papasan chair cushions for $39! I kid you not, my immediate thought was "OMG! Look at these great dog beds!!!" Then I realized what they really were. LOL! They are the perfect Dane size! Has anybody used them for their danes? I'm thinking about getting one for Ted for Christmas. Can't beat that price...
    sigpic
    Theodore Winston - AKA: Ted

How cool! I didn't even know they still made those things LOL. I haven't seen one of those chairs since the late 90's (in a store).

hmmm .. there is an Old Time Pottery not far from me .. let me know how that works (if you get one) I may get one for ours .. that way we don't have 14 dog beds piled up in the middle of the floor lol(they push them together and lay in a huddle).
    sigpic
    A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Definitely! I used one for my Mastiff and he loved it! He would drag it around with him or fold up the edges if he wanted a bigger pillow. Plus it was big enough for him to spread out on! I would totally recommend it!

Comment

I want one!!!
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

I can't imagine why it wouldnt work.. you learn to make do with what you can find when you have dogs this big, lol!
          Tracy Miller
          sigpic
          Be Kaptain's Facebook Friend!
          Boston's Story Rest In Peace, Buddy! 11.14.2007-2.24.2011
          Dog Food Advisor

Comment

That's what we used for Dexter for his first bed, he loved it and we wanted to find a cover for it but couldn't and I don't sew so that was out of the question. We have one of those stores here, I wonder if they are the same price there as well......
            sigpic
            Crystal
            Owned by:
            Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
            CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
            Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
            Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Originally posted by DextersMomma View Post
              we wanted to find a cover for it but couldn't
              I just did a search and discovered that the covers are as much (or more) as a new one (at the price the OP mentioned) lol.

http://www.slipcovershop.com/Product...asan_cover.asp
              sigpic
              A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

take a lil looky at my album and see what happened to mine!
                sigpic
                Myboy RIP at 2 1/2 product of BYB

Comment

They work great! I don't currently use one for a bed for my boys but did for my old dane. I couldn't find a cover either so my crafty mom sewed one up for me (a talent I did not get from her)
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a Molly Mutt.

They come in sizes up to HUGE (wayy bigger than a dane needs really) and it has washable removable duvet covers... the inside is a mesh stuff sack. Worth a few extra bucks... and not really too expensive anyway. Most of my videos of Simon have it in them.. it just looks like a huge blue square in the videos b/c its 3ft x 3½ft
                    - Chris
                    "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
                    sigpic

Comment

We have a double papasan cushion downstairs in the tv room and it is great. Millie and I both love it.

Millie's favorite zoomie route was the leather sofa to three spins on the top of the pool table. Fortunately, she never got hurt and equally fortunate, she appears to have ceased that particular behavior. Thank God.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TedsMomSteph View Post
                        I was wandering around Old Time Pottery over the weekend and ran acoss a big pile of Papasan chair cushions for $39! I kid you not, my immediate thought was "OMG! Look at these great dog beds!!!" Then I realized what they really were. LOL! They are the perfect Dane size! Has anybody used them for their danes? I'm thinking about getting one for Ted for Christmas. Can't beat that price...
                        That is an AWESOME price! We have an Old Time Pottery but it is not close to me.

Pier 1 Imports and World Market have them but they are at least a 100.00 from what I remember. I just have to have something that I can wash. I am a washing fool and have to have everything smelling fresh. I actually enjoy doing laudry. Well until recently when my dryer died.
                        sigpic
                        www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
                        http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
                        Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

I got one for about 45 from pier 1 this summer. If they have the option of "outdoor" papasan cushion, I'd go for that one. That is what I bought and I hosed it down many times, it was pretty easy to keep clean! They are wonderful and it fit perfectly in the back of my escape too!

Emily
                          sigpic
                          Emily
                          Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
                          Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
                          Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

Working...
                          X