Lyme Disease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lyme Disease

Hey, all! Long time since I've visited! Does anyone have experience with Lyme Disease in their Dane? My dad's Dane was recently diagnosed and I have some questions if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

Is he showing symptoms? Both our Danes were tested positive for Lyme but were treated with antibiotics before we got them. They still test positive but have not had any symptoms.
    Julie
    Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
    RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
    Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
    sigpic

Comment

Yes. Very much so. He's been on antibiotics for about 11 days now and isn't improving much at all. His whole back end is extremely weak, and he has a lot of trouble getting to his feet, and once he does, he's very unsteady.

He just turned 7 at the end of November, but you'd never know it. Otherwise he's very healthy.

My dad will be calling the vet again tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone here had some first-hand experience.

Thank you!

Comment

What meds is he on?
        sigpic
        Crystal
        Owned by:
        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Working...