Bones(for Christmas presents)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bones(for Christmas presents)

Does anyone know where I can buy some good, safe bones for the dogs as part of their Christmas gifts?? I would buy the bones at the pet stores but I always there were so many that are not healthy for the dogs especially if partially eaten, etc. And I am afraid of those really hard bones breaking their teeth!

Also, anyone ever heard of 'Tasman's natural pet'?? If so, are these Rawhide Bison bones any good? I always assumed Rawhide anything was bad for dogs....

I'm just trying to find something safe for the babies to chew on and enjoy!!

Thank you for any suggestions!
    sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:
    Bonnie - female, pitbull/great dane mix -4 yrs.
    Clyde - male, pitbull - 3 yrs.
    Emma - female, great dane - 19 months

http://www.bestbullysticks.com/
    Tons of choices and decent prices!!! I personally love Bully Sticks, gotta make sure Walker has a blanket to lay on with it because it can get messy. I did get him a big Ham Bone this year to see how he does.
    Walker Lebenden Toten E.
    10 Months.. Feb 2014
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you Walkerboy! I will have to check that out!!
      sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

Originally posted by Walkerboy View Post
        http://www.bestbullysticks.com/
        Tons of choices and decent prices!!! I personally love Bully Sticks, gotta make sure Walker has a blanket to lay on with it because it can get messy. I did get him a big Ham Bone this year to see how he does.
        Do you know if these are safe and digestible if eaten? Just curious, because my three usually eat these type things, that are normally supposed to be chewed on for a longer period of time! Lol!
        sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

I give Beacon the tasmans rawhides all the time and he loves them! But they are still rawhide so it's personal preference when it comes to those.
          sigpic
          Beacon 5-7-13
          Brockway 8-20-15
          Dually RIP 4-15-09 to 4-16-13
          Diesel RIP 3-19-06 to 7-3-11
          www.greatdogdesigns.etsy.com for a massive selection of collars perfect for our giant babies

Comment

Just checking out the Best Bully Sticks site and found these http://www.bestbullysticks.com/home/...l#.UrIHWkCA0dU

Has anyone ever tried these or something similar from this company? And is this particular bone safe?
            sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

Bully sticks are edible.

They don't last very long though, so that's kind of a bummer.

We tend to stick with nyla bones and Kongs around here, the smells of a lot of the 'natural' stuff tends to get to me.
              sigpic
              Beth, with...
              Daisy the Chihuahua mix
              Ranger the Heeler mix
              Sarge the Great Dane
              Bravo the Mastiff mix

And two cats, two ferrets, one husband, and four kids.

Comment

I buy all kinds of stuff from that web site except bully sticks. LOL My dogs just have very little interest in them. I will say that the favorites in my house are the duck feet and dried green tripe. Other buys from them is gullet, pig hearts, back strap and various livers. I buy all those things from bestbullysticks.com

Just as a side note, bestbully also sells odor free bully sticks too.
                Last edited by Angel7292; 12-18-2013, 04:32 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                  I buy all kinds of stuff from that web site except bully sticks. LOL My dogs just have very little interest in them. I will say that the favorites in my house are the duck feet and dried green tripe. Other buys from them is gullet, pig hearts, back strap and various livers. I buy all those things from bestbullysticks.com

I will say the odor free ones we've gotten have truly been odor free. They just get consumed so fast they are a rare special treat.
                  sigpic
                  Beth, with...
                  Daisy the Chihuahua mix
                  Ranger the Heeler mix
                  Sarge the Great Dane
                  Bravo the Mastiff mix

And two cats, two ferrets, one husband, and four kids.

Comment

Awesome!! Thank you everybody!! I will probably be placing my order today, in the hopes it will be here by Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!
                    sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

my 2 would climb a tree for a bully stick!! i usually order the 6"/thick ones. they don't last long, only about 20 minutes (if that) but since my puppers are seniors, even 20 minutes of chewing up a bully stick wears them out and it's NAP TIME!

another idea would be deer antlers. some people don't like them but my dogs have never broken a tooth on them. i only have 1 left and they take turns with it.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Can the dried green tripe be purchased from bestbullysticks.com?
                        sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

OK this is my cart at bestbullysticks.com:

My babies have never had anything like this stuff before, should I be worried about their tummies when I give these treats? The only thing they have had is hooves and pig ears before(and now they get that anymore because I read it wasn't good for them).
                          sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieFolker View Post
                            Can the dried green tripe be purchased from bestbullysticks.com?
                            I see you found them. Yes, they can. That is where I get them from. Be prepared... they smell like , but my dogs literally go nuts over them!! (hot tip:... double ziplock bag and hold breath when opening!) Those and the duck feet are by far favorites in the house. The duck feet are crunchy-munchy sounding.

ETA: It makes me laugh that the site says, "slight odor" on the dried green tripe. Truly, you let me know if you think it's slight too. HAHAHA Their nose must be broken. BUT it's an exceptionally healthy treat, so I just hold my breath!
                            Last edited by Angel7292; 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I see you found them. Yes, they can. That is where I get them from. Be prepared... they smell like , but my dogs literally go nuts over them!! (hot tip:... double ziplock bag and hold breath when opening!) Those and the duck feet are by far favorites in the house. The duck feet are crunchy-munchy sounding.

ETA: It makes me laugh that the site says, "slight odor" on the dried green tripe. Truly, you let me know if you think it's slight too. HAHAHA Their nose must be broken. BUT it's an exceptionally healthy treat, so I just hold my breath!
                              Awesome!! I am so excited!! If it is good for my babies and makes then happy I think I can hold my breath LOL!! Thank you for the advice on what would be good to buy and the tip about the tripe!! I am just hoping it gets here by Christmas Eve! They said it would ship tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed!! I wanted to fill their stockings with the goodies!!

Thank you again!!

Their stockings (3 middle ones) are ready for Santa!!

sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:

Comment

Working...
                              X