Need vet referral in Indy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need vet referral in Indy

I have a friend who is searching for a good vet in the Indianapolis area. Anyone have anyone they can highly recommend?

Thanks!
    Mandi

I don't have a dane yet, so I can't personally recommend a vet, but I live in Indianapolis and was planning to check out the vet from the thread below this one:
    http://www.dolforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43881
    Fishers is on the north-east side of Indianapolis.

Comment

Are you looking for a regular vet or a cropping vet? I can pm you some good vets here if you wish...
      The reason I ask about cropping is because you will prob. have to drive a bit for that...not many vets
      in Indy crop...and the ones that do did not have references when I was checking around. (There was
      no way I would have done a crop without references)
      Last edited by CCRom; 02-05-2010, 02:03 PM.
      sigpic"To Err is human, to forgive canine"

Comment

Not for a Dane, so I don't think they are looking for a vet for cropping purposes.
        Mandi

Comment

Oh, OK....Well, I would recommend Noahs animal clinic. There are several locations. The staff is very friendly and have been really good about working around my busy schedule. They have a website your friend can check out.
          sigpic"To Err is human, to forgive canine"

Comment

Country Acres Animal Clinic

I know this is probably way late, but if anyone should be looking for a Vet in that area again please consider Country Acres Animal Clinic...especially for cropping. This is the Great Dane Ladies Vet, and Dr. Wisecup is AMAZING...totally worth the 4 hour drive and hotel stay. I only wish he was close so I could see him for regular care too, though when i had questions totally unrelated to the ear crop he personally called me back to help me..How many Vets would do that free of charge, for someone that was a one time client??? God I loved them there. They are in new Castle, IN and if thats within a 30, even 45 minute drive for anyone, you owe it to yourself and pets to check him out...He is partly retired now, but still comes in to do ear crops and work part time. His replacement is as awesome as he is, as the whole staff there is wonderful. I swear I don;lt work there, LOL!
            In case you love near there, the number is (765)529-1803. Another great thing about them...They actually have an after-hours number or way to reach them!!!! How many Vets still do that??? If Milly needs help afterhours we have to go to the college or the ER vet...both quite a drive.

~Jeanne, Jason & Emily(6)-The Humans~
            Milly-Harl GD,
            Tank, Tigra Cougie & Jax-The Cat Crew
            www.valparasiokennelclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by MillyVanilly View Post
              I know this is probably way late, but if anyone should be looking for a Vet in that area again please consider Country Acres Animal Clinic...especially for cropping. This is the Great Dane Ladies Vet, and Dr. Wisecup is AMAZING...totally worth the 4 hour drive and hotel stay. I only wish he was close so I could see him for regular care too, though when i had questions totally unrelated to the ear crop he personally called me back to help me..How many Vets would do that free of charge, for someone that was a one time client??? God I loved them there. They are in new Castle, IN and if thats within a 30, even 45 minute drive for anyone, you owe it to yourself and pets to check him out...He is partly retired now, but still comes in to do ear crops and work part time. His replacement is as awesome as he is, as the whole staff there is wonderful. I swear I don;lt work there, LOL!
              In case you love near there, the number is (765)529-1803. Another great thing about them...They actually have an after-hours number or way to reach them!!!! How many Vets still do that??? If Milly needs help afterhours we have to go to the college or the ER vet...both quite a drive.
              It's not too late for me. I just moved into my new (dane-friendly) apartment last weekend, and will be starting the adoption process in the next couple months. I live about 45 minutes (though maybe a little farther now) away from New Castle, and my dad actually works there. I'll have to check them out.

Comment

I really can't help because I don't know the NAME of the clinic... but, there's one in Carmel by a Petco and Wendy's that's amazing. My friend's had their Golden's c-section there and all her medical needs as well. It's about an hour and twenty minutes from my house but well worth it for the service.

I feel really dumb because I can't remember the name of the clinic. lol So maybe this was a pointless post.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagari View Post
                  I really can't help because I don't know the NAME of the clinic... but, there's one in Carmel by a Petco and Wendy's that's amazing. My friend's had their Golden's c-section there and all her medical needs as well. It's about an hour and twenty minutes from my house but well worth it for the service.

I feel really dumb because I can't remember the name of the clinic. lol So maybe this was a pointless post.
                  That's actually really close to me. The only two clinics I know of near there are the Companion Animal Medical Center and the Woodland Animal Hospital. Do either of those sound familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by Khedron View Post
                    That's actually really close to me. The only two clinics I know of near there are the Companion Animal Medical Center and the Woodland Animal Hospital. Do either of those sound familiar?
                    Woodland sounds a little familiar. The vet was Dr. Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagari View Post
                      Woodland sounds a little familiar. The vet was Dr. Phillips.
                      Yep, it looks like Woodland Animal Hospital has a Dr. Kurt Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Khedron View Post
                        Yep, it looks like Woodland Animal Hospital has a Dr. Kurt Phillips.
                        Upon further research, you're right! Haha.

Comment

They're not a routine care vet (emergency medicine, surgery, and I think orthopedics only), but I was really impressed by IVEC (way on the southside) when I stupidly left some mending out and my little one ate a needle and needed an endoscopy. The facilities and care approached human quality.

Comment

I have a 14 month old Dane and I'm looking for a vet in the Indianapolis area if anyone could help.

Comment

Working...
                            X