Spay & pexi price?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spay & pexi price?

just called the vet clinic I planned to have my 6 month old Dane spayed with, and asked how much to pexi while you are in the abdomen?
    Spay cost was reasonable at $127 for 5.5 month old that weighs up to 69 pounds.
    Then they quoted $1800 additional for the prophylactic gastropexy!!

Holy cr@p, really?!
    Does this sound about right for Nor Cal?

Sucks, cause @that price I just can't do it...and I really wanted to do what was best for Zoey.

$127 is really cheap for a spay IMO but she will be over that weight by the time she is old enough to spay...how much does it go up?

I think combined that price is not too bad...for Ivy, the spay was more expensive than the pexy...she was already under etc.

Comment

I just called my vets office to find out how much a pexy would cost and they said they couldn't give me that info yet (over the phone w/o yet having seen the client) because I don't yet have my dog (sorry no help there). But I know they charge $250.00 for a spay. You'd be paying half of that.

There was another thread I had read about with pexy prices and yours is the first amount I've read over $1,000.00. $1,800.00 sounds pretty pricey for me but then again, I'm not from Cali.
      sigpic

Comment

Here in Tennessee, I was quoted $250.00 for a pexy before pain meds and preop bloodwork. I'm not sure what that stuff costs, but I can't imagine it adding up to 1,800.00.
        sigpic
        "Saving one Dog won't change the world but the world will change for that one dog."

Comment

I'm in the SF Bay Area and I was quoted anywhere from about $2,000 to $3,000 depending on the clinic.

Could you qualify for CareCredit?
          Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

The only time I've seen the pexy that high is with a lap pexy. Incisional is usually a lot less. I'd ask which one they are quoting. I'd also call your local dane club and get some recommendations for other vets that do a lot of danes. You don't have to change your vet for wellcare and such, but a lot of people go to another vet that is more experienced with danes and doing a pexy.

With that being said, Phineas had a neuter and pexy and with all the preop blood work and meds, it was $900. Spay are usually a bit more.
            sigpic

Comment

Moose had a neuter and laproscopic pexy for 540$ and that was at the hospital in the city that is the place where all other clinics refer to in the province..... So they know what they're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
              Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
              Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

Jazz's first pexy (lap) was over 2000, her second pexi was 1200. Blues Pexy will be just over 1000.
                sigpic
                Emily
                Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
                Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
                Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

Dairys lap spay was $600 and I was quoted $800 additional for the pexi, I thought based on prices I've read on here that that was ridiculous.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pine Bluff in Morris, IL charged me $575 for Sprocket's neuter and lap pexy. I did get a 25% cost reduction since he is a rescue, which really helped.

Em, you should think about Dr Schmidt for Blues. He has done hundreds of them (maybe over 1000 by now, as he does all of the Danes for the rescue up there). You drop off at 8am and pick up around 1pm and hit the road for home. He will still be dopey enough to sleep most or all of the way home, and you will save half the cost. I trust him with my babies, and truly wish it wasn't close to 2 hours from here, as I would use him for everything with my kids. I really do like this clinic and Dr Schmidt for Danes.

Bev recommended him and the Dane club down here has had him down a couple times to talk about his lap pexies.
                    sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Originally posted by DobenDane View Post
                      just called the vet clinic I planned to have my 6 month old Dane spayed with, and asked how much to pexi while you are in the abdomen?
                      Spay cost was reasonable at $127 for 5.5 month old that weighs up to 69 pounds.
                      Then they quoted $1800 additional for the prophylactic gastropexy!!

Holy cr@p, really?!
                      Does this sound about right for Nor Cal?
                      I'm in Bay Area; the quote I got for pexi if done at the same time with spay, was $600. But spay itself was significantly more so overall price was about the same as your were quoted for both. And this is pretty much usual price here in Bay Area. laproscopic pexi 2.5K+

but I think in your area, you should be able to find it less expensive. Contact people from Northern CA Great Dane Club, some members live around that area and might recommend a good vet priced more reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by isdapous View Post
                        Pine Bluff in Morris, IL charged me $575 for Sprocket's neuter and lap pexy. I did get a 25% cost reduction since he is a rescue, which really helped.

Em, you should think about Dr Schmidt for Blues. He has done hundreds of them (maybe over 1000 by now, as he does all of the Danes for the rescue up there). You drop off at 8am and pick up around 1pm and hit the road for home. He will still be dopey enough to sleep most or all of the way home, and you will save half the cost. I trust him with my babies, and truly wish it wasn't close to 2 hours from here, as I would use him for everything with my kids. I really do like this clinic and Dr Schmidt for Danes.

Bev recommended him and the Dane club down here has had him down a couple times to talk about his lap pexies.
                        I thought about it Lynn! I just don't know if I can bring myself to go the lap route again. I know he is a different Dr and a great record, but after everything I don't know that I am entirely comfortable with the lap method. I keep putting Blues' off because I don't know what to do!
                        sigpic
                        Emily
                        Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
                        Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
                        Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

lol ..... if you want to pay for me to make the 2.5 hour drive to the vet college where I paid so little I will take your dog for you.... you just have to FedEx her up here
                          sigpic
                          Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
                          Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
                          Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

Zephyr's neuter was around $400 including bloodwork and pain meds. His pexi would have been $250 extra at the time, but I waited until he was 20 months to do it. I ended up paying around $400 for it on its own.
                            Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
                            Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

i dont know if this will help at all since I am Canadian BUT

have you tried looking at vets in more rural areas (obviously, a reputable one. maybe ask someone close to your area who they used here?). I live in Calgary, about a million people, and the prices are through the roof!! like, they wanted 2500 for the pexy and 680 for the spay...

one of our friends suggested a vet in a town about 45 minutes away, they were more rural and a lot cheaper... like half as expensive. the bigger cities gouge you since most people dont know any better.
                              • Merle Dane - Emi
                              • Brindle Dane - Elroy

Comment

Working...
                              X