Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewrapping ears and breathing

Hi everyone
    I looked around and cant find out how long can I or should I let ears breathe before rewrapping them back up! I usually rewrap right away and been doing this for 1 month now! Got a long way to go although the ears seem to be coming along well so far. I read you shouldn't let them stay unwrapped for more than 24 hours!! All advice is appreciated !!
    HarlyBoy

When Lincoln was younger I wrapped immediately after taking them down and cleaning them (and snapping a picture other two ). I gradually left them down longer as he got older, the longest was about 12 hours. The key is to always get them back up before they start to flop. Lincoln has a very long show crop and now at 7 months we are finally just taping the top 2" or so. I still don't like to leave them down for more than a day or two.

Comment

Finn has a shorter crop than Lincoln, but I still only ever left them down for a few hours at a time to breathe and dry out, then I put them right back up.
      sigpic
      Chaucey
      Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Thanks guys for the advice. Could use tell me when are the ears ready to be taped higher up only? My Capone(Harlequin) just turned 4 months old and has been getting taped up for the last month. When I take off the wraps, his ears are up but I know they'll probably flop over in a while beings its to soon to permanently be standing yet. LOL
        HarlyBoy

Comment

Working...
        X