Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dog caught a mole....

Originally posted by blueberry View Post
    This will gross you out!! Years ago, my female (Blue 1994-2004) pounced on and ate a frog in our yard before I could blink. She seemed fine. We had planned to bathe her later that day, and in the bathtub she got sudden a case of explosive diarrhea and the whole frog came out albeit in a few pieces. Aside from the major cleanup job (for us), there were no further side effects, next BM was perfectly normal (and no frog parts!!).

We did get her checked out, with fecal tests, all negative, but I keep a very close eye out for frogs since then!
    Did she say if it tasted like chicken?
    sigpic

Comment

Geez Earl! Save some for later.. hehe.
      I bet he was feeling . lol
      Crystal- Mom to Gargani's K.O. Dayna Blue
      sigpic

Comment

I live in the high desert in California. We have big toads that the local teens try licking to get high. Mostly they get sick to their tummies....My old dalmatian girl once insisted on picking one up in her mouth, spit it out quickly, and then foamed at the mouth for a few days. I had called my vet, and he just said that she would hopefully remember not to pick those things up again. And she never did....

Briar was trying to get to one this weekend. She missed.

Most green frogs are not poisionous. frogs that are red, bright yellow, or blue tend to be. Most toads have a nasty taste as a deterent to being eaten....
        Andi

Comment

Oh my goodness Earl! That is an awesome story! lol
          sigpicDante Von Thor

Comment

My dog caught a mole...

Originally posted by JesseandDantesmama View Post
            Oh my goodness Earl! That is an awesome story! lol
            O I'm sure Earl is ADD,has OCD.and needs to go to NA! I got the pick of the litter,for sure!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andipanda 1 View Post
              I live in the high desert in California. We have big toads that the local teens try licking to get high.
              Andi
              My gawd what people will do for a high Yuck!

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

Most all toads have some sort of toxin in their glands on their neck, especially any in the bufo class. It does not necessarily mean that you or your animals will die from ingesting the toxin, but just interesting caution about them.

I have one exotic toad from Suriname, and if you ingest enough of its toxin you will have a heart attack. Now, I have only seen him secrete twice, when his prey bit him. When we had a crazy roommate a few years back he licked it to see what would happen, and then forgot he licked it like 3 minutes later and was like "I DID WHAT?!"

So maybe Earl just forgot what he did. Hehehe. Silly Earl.

Comment

My dog caught a mole...

Originally posted by Firetiger View Post

I have one exotic toad from Suriname, and if you ingest enough of its toxin you will have a heart attack. ..
                  Hmmm,very interesting...watch out mil!
                  ok,just kidding!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X