Ruffwear Booties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruffwear Booties

Does anyone here use booties for their dane from Ruffwear? I just ordered a pair for my Harle's back paws (they seem to be having a tough time on the pavement as of late) and was wondering if they stay on etc.?

We use them for our Shar-Pei, and they seem to work pretty well. We use them for our bike rides, because he was always seeming to pick up stickers and rocks and was getting sore paws. He knows that when the booties come out we are going for a bike ride and gets all excited! We ended up having to return the back pair of booties for a size smaller....his back feet were just slightly smaller than his front. As long as you drew the paw on a piece of paper and measured like the website said, I think they should fit fine. We also use the socks, and they seem to help with the fit as well.

Get out the video camera for the first time you put them on! Marley pranced around and picked his feet up really high the first few times we put them on. Just make sure you are ready to go on a walk right after you put them on, and the dog should forget about them.

My dane puppy is still way too young to use them on her, but I will probably order a pair for her later when she is old enough to go bike riding too. Hope this helps!
    sigpic

Comment

i have a pair for ashley's back feet. if we walk too long on pavement, she wears a couple of toenails down to the quick. if you wrap the velcro closing nice and tight, they stay on fine and they wear like iron! ashley gets excited when she sees me get them out but she will stand perfectly still while i put them on her.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

I bought a pair for Xena last summer. We had rented a beach house and the pavement can be really hot so I wanted to protect her when we went on walks.

Anywho...I love them and Xena loves them. Like artuk said...have that camera ready...the first time they wear them is hilarious!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X