No announcement yet.

Spay & pexi price?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUST had Luna spayed/pexied last week. The spay was 250$ the pexi was 320$ all together with meds, bloodwork, and a microchip it was 850$ I was nervous for her but she took it like a champ. Staples out tomorrow!

Comment

Emma's pexy (without spay) was $350. We had a cherry eye tacked at the same time so both procedures including preop bloodwork and all medications came to a total of $500. All follow-up visits and staple removal were included.
      "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
      sigpic
      Rocky & Emma
      Follow our adventures at
      www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

Here is my input ... I got quoted just under $1000 for neuter and pexy (and assuming it would be maybe 1100 for spay and pexy). I don't know if the fact that it is a laproscopic pexy makes a difference up or down in price, but maybe I would call around. $1800 at that weight seems silly. The actual price for the pexy wasn't that bad... I'm sure when his weight goes up the price for anesthesia will go up but this was an estimate for about 6 mo old.

OH, and that price included microchip, hip xray, bloodwork, you name it, the works.

Without all the extras, it was around $600ish.
        sigpic
        Merlin and Rexi

Comment

Originally posted by thisiscyndi View Post
          Emma's pexy (without spay) was $350. We had a cherry eye tacked at the same time so both procedures including preop bloodwork and all medications came to a total of $500. All follow-up visits and staple removal were included.
          At what age did you have your Emma pexied? I have heard different things...some say you to wait till they are at least 12 months. But if you wait that long a female will go into heat, right? I was also told you didn't want that to happen either if you plan to Spay/ not have a litter, because it increases their chance of cancer.

I don't know what to do! My Emma will be 5 months on December 9, so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row now.

Thanks!
          sigpicStephanie Folker

Mom to:
          Bonnie - female, pitbull/great dane mix -4 yrs.
          Clyde - male, pitbull - 3 yrs.
          Emma - female, great dane - 19 months

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieFolker View Post
            At what age did you have your Emma pexied? I have heard different things...some say you to wait till they are at least 12 months. But if you wait that long a female will go into heat, right? I was also told you didn't want that to happen either if you plan to Spay/ not have a litter, because it increases their chance of cancer.

I don't know what to do! My Emma will be 5 months on December 9, so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row now.

Thanks!
            Emma was just over 11 months old at the time of pexy but had already been spayed by the rescue at 4 months of age. If she hadnt already been spayed I would have had both spay/pexy done at 9 months - that is after the major growth phase is over but before the first heat. My vet is experienced with giant breeds and has performed numerous pexies - he feels anytime between 9 months and 1 year is perfect for both procedures.
            "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
            sigpic
            Rocky & Emma
            Follow our adventures at
            www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

Working...
            X