NDR.... Just sharing my joy. ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDR.... Just sharing my joy. ;)

Soooo not dane or even dog related, but so many members here have been become such good friends to me, I wanted to share my joy. I've been rather quiet lately because after almost two long years of planning, my oldest son, Blaec, was married this past weekend to the love of his life, Marissa.

It was a perfect wedding and reception that went as smooth as can be. It was just beautiful! We had just about a 100 guests come from all over the world, literally, for such a blessed event! I've been hosting house guests from Australia for the past month, plus a ton that arrived last week. Phinny was as charming as always and loved all the extra attention.

It has been a whirlwind of the past month or two. Not just houseguests and all the wedding details, but my daughter-in-law graduated from college with her BA in Early Education last month. Her mother passed away a few years back from cancer, so I've tried my level best to step in where needed without stepping in too much. Her father had a heart attack 2 months ago and then he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma the day she graduated. It's been brutal, but we've all held it together and pulled off a STUNNING wedding. Every little detail was as perfect as the next.

Sadly, three days before the wedding, my mothers life partner of 8 years died suddenly of cardiac arrest. It was a very roller coaster week. We had the wedding on Saturday and the funeral on Sunday. It was rough for all of us. One minute it was joyful and the next was somber.

Anyway... to share a few photos with y'all. Obviously still waiting for the pics from the photographer, but these are some pictures the family (or I) took.

My oldest son / groom (Blaec) on the left, my husband in the middle and my youngest son/ best man (Nick) on the right.

For now, this is the only photo I'm willing to share of myself. Every other picture of me is of me crying. Oh, it wasn't hard to get a crying picture of me either. I cried from the moment I woke up, all... day...long.. and including the drive home at 2 AM. Start to finish.. I cried. Not like a little teary.. I'm talking crocodile tears. If you touched me, talked to me or even looked at me, I would cry. My son and I were walking this long hall towards the aisle and I was crying so hard, LOL, my son started crying and we had to stop. It was such ugly crying too. This photo was taken during that 10 second reprieve of tears. HAHAHA

In my defense, I was extreme tired, the planning of this wedding just about killed me, the passing of someone so close to our family and of course, my oldest son moving into the new chapter of his life. It was happy tears though.

My husband and I waiting for the bride...

My son waiting for his bride... with our youngest son / the best man and one of the groomsmen:

Oh and my crying was contagious. The bride, Marissa, was fine until she talked or looked at me and the more I cried, the more she cried. Before the wedding, I had to stop helping her because I couldn't stop crying. It was bad...

The bride was fine until she got to the top of the steps and looked at me and then she cried her way all the way down the aisle looking at me. Well, at least I wasn't alone. LOL

Here she comes.

... and you may now kiss your bride!

Mr. & Mrs. This is one of my favorite pics.

The first dance..

... It truly was, just the most perfect day.

Thanks for letting me share.

XOXO
    Last edited by Angel7292; 06-25-2015, 04:23 AM.
    sigpic

Congrats! I saw some of the pics on Facebook, looks like you had a beautiful day
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Congratulations to your son and his wife. I'm sorry to hear of your losses. What an awful timeline of events, aside from the wedding of course. Don't fret about the crying, im sure every mother in the world cries the day their children get married. None of us kids have been married yet but there's only my older brother who is only 25 that might be close. I know my mom is going to be like you the day he gets married lol.
      ~Kelsey, mom to~
      Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
      Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
      Cece- Calico 4 years
      Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
      Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Beautiful pictures! Congratulations!!!

But, wait....what??? Was Phin not actually in the wedding? What gives??? Was he cool with that?
        sigpic
        Hank 02/07/2010
        Sam 08/25/2007 - 06/28/2013

Comment

Congrats! The photos are beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.
          sigpicBae and Chip hanging out together for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelchick View Post
            Beautiful pictures! Congratulations!!!

But, wait....what??? Was Phin not actually in the wedding? What gives??? Was he cool with that?
            I tried! My son and his wife would have none of it. I even offered to put him in a tux! LOL I thought he would be the cutest ring bearer ever, but I was out voted.. by everyone. hehe
            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! A beautiful couple and a beautiful wedding!

It's making me excited for my own wedding coming up! (I'm getting married in August-- tried to convince my fiance to let Gracie be our "flower-dog" but he put his foot down!)
              sigpic
              “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

Comment

Congrats and condolences all at once
                What a beautiful wedding though
                sigpic

Comment

Beautiful sentiments and pics! I have found that I cry at the drop of a hat since my kiddos were born - must be hormone-related I guess - I never had this issue before. The wedding and participants are beautiful - including you in your one and only non-crying shot, lol!

Congratulations and condolences all wrapped up in the same big cross-coastal hug!!! You are an amazing DOL member and friend in addition to all of the other roles that you take: mom, wife, Dane mom, and the list goes on and on. 😅
                  -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

beautiful pictures and beautiful couple! wishing them all the happiness in the world!!!

i'm so sorry about your mom's partner. i can't even imagine how strong she must be to be able to go through this during what should be such a joyful time in her life. i hope she is doing well. i know the pain of this loss all too well.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                    X